Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not a decent player tho and never has been . It’s like when people said bolasie was a good player before we signed him. Welbeck has done nothing in his career as far as being a decent player is concerned. Even at Man U he didn’t score goals when they were winning leagues, he’s badly badly crap
If he comes here and actually stays fit, I think he'll surprise people. He's mobile and has decent link play, and I'd back him to score a few if he was played down the middle.

That said, his injury record is beyond the pale.

If he comes here and actually stays fit, I think he'll surprise people. He's mobile and has decent link play, and I'd back him to score a few if he was played down the middle.

That said, his injury record is beyond the pale.

Sorry mate but what are you actually basing this on? The surprise would be if he was fit but he’s played in title winning teams and cl teams his entire career and never scored goals what makes you think he’s suddenly hoo g to perform better in a worse team?

Could be something in the Cresswell rumours. Can also play centre back and we've been looking for a left sided centre back for ages. Also if Baines is going then there's very good cover at left back (hopefully not replacing Digne). He's also a local lad though a red I believe. For around £15million it would be a good deal. Nothing more than that though.

Could be something in the Cresswell rumours. Can also play centre back and we've been looking for a left sided centre back for ages. Also if Baines is going then there's very good cover at left back (hopefully not replacing Digne). He's also a local lad though a red I believe. For around £15million it would be a good deal. Nothing more than that though.

Hes utter tosh mate.

Nah you've just made that up.
We aren't signing Cresswell. Or wellbeck either for that matter!

Those aerodynamic hogs out in force again.

"Davies loses the ball on the half way line, Pennington is nutmeged and Williams slips over and Martina makes a vain attempt to haul the forward down but alas the ball is in the back of the net past Lossels flailing leg. Now Everton need to score 4 to stay in the Premiership. Thats asking a lot of Welbeck, Walcott and Mirallas"

''Finally some movement on the Everton bench as Sturridge is given the nod by Big Sam''.

I feel people rate Sellback because they feel obligated to rate him due to him being English whether it be subconsciously or not.

He looks like a brain damaged mule out there trotting about, the grass wisping past his feet until one rouge blade gently caresses his ankle shattering it into a thousand beautiful pieces like looking at an X-ray through a kaleidoscope.

I can feel the cool fall evening filling my lungs with the refreshing air my body is begging me for in between gasping breaths as I unleash all the worlds rage at the TV as we play Wellbeck as our sole striker and are mathematically relegated 2 weeks into the season.

Impossible you say? Hold Wellbeck’s beer.

Sorry mate but what are you actually basing this on? The surprise would be if he was fit but he’s played in title winning teams and cl teams his entire career and never scored goals what makes you think he’s suddenly hoo g to perform better in a worse team?
His record for England is OK (16 in 42 - not sure how many of those are starts), and I think that he's suffered from being seen as a utility player at United and Arsenal, which has led to him never getting a run of games up front. Again, I don't think he's anything special, but he's also not someone I've ever watched and thought, he's crap.

Personally, I'd like Everton to look at Petagna, who has been on loan at SPAL from Atalanta. He really, really impressed me in those Europa League games last season, as did Hamza Barry at Hajduk. They never sign anyone I like, though, so don't worry too much about the chances of Welbeck rocking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.