Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco Silva wants to stay with André Gomes and points to more Portuguese players

João Mário was another of the players talked about, but the coach said the midfielder "is not on the table".

Marco Silva said he wants to improve the record of this season, in which he was eighth in the Premier League, and for that he wants to have André Gomes and if possible with other Portuguese.

Marco Silva, who was speaking to the media on the sidelines of Estoril's 80th birthday, which launched him into the limelight, made it clear that André Gomes's future at Everton is in the hands of the player.

"There is a Portuguese player in the squad that we want, which is André Gomes." The continuity of him does not depend on us alone, if that were the case, we were already on the way, depending on Barcelona and André Gomes. If it's a positive thing, it's up to us to do the rest. "He was very important to us and we were important to him as well, he is a great player with excellent quality.

In addition to André Gomes, Marco Silva does not rule out the possibility of having other Portuguese players in the squad.

"There are specific positions that we want to hire." João Mário is a player of Inter and there is nothing more than that. It was my player, I was the one who put him in the main team of Sporting. he's playing, but at the moment he's not on the table, "he said.

Taking stock of the season at Everton, Marco Silva says the overall score was quite positive, even as the Liverpool club came from a profound change. In addition to the new coach, seven new players were hired who joined the 12 of the previous season.

"Looking at the film that was the season, we have to say it was a positive one, and we will do everything we can to win the FA Cup and the League Cup next season. We are doing well in the market, being smart in the way we are going to approach the market, trying to maintain the level we have, not leaving anyone of the most important players gives us the ambition we want to do better, "he said.

Marco Silva naturally points to other flights, which have to put Everton to fight a European place, that is, the first six places.

"This year we finished eighth, for the year we will try to end up and, if we can, try to be in the big six," he promised.

A slim chance he comes back in pre-season into a more settled squad and performs better, a slim chance and wishful thinking but he’s not had the benefit of working in a settled team with us.

He’s got pace and a cracking shot on him, would love for it to turnaround for him.
I'm not seeing the pace, but his work rate is outstanding and think he's been VERY unlucky not to score for Sociedad. Has he been great for them? Not really, can't argue the lack of production - but if we can't move him, he'd not be the worst player as a backup if he wasn't on 90K or whatever a week. Would've been nice for him to score a few on loan.

Would Sandro fit better with Richarlison and Bernard next to him?

I could see it
Nope. He's not a CF. Just isn't. He would play Bernard's position at LW. So would Richarlison and Lookman, though. Lookman is SO much better from that side it obvious.

But we saw it again today - Malcom on the left. Why? He's a left footer, right-winger. He's been productive when they've played him out right. It just makes no sense. He'd be good for us, though, so hopefully these poor performances have Barca convinced he should be loaned out.

You start to lose the will etc etc when you see "Sandro" mentioned again. I guess if we have no ambition to emulate Spurs and just bob along with Watford then Sandro and a good few others will do us just fine.
I hate the close season with only the Derby Villa game to look forward to watching.

I mean he’s had one good season in his career and he’s had 3(?) absolute disasters since. At what point do we just accept he’s a poor footballer?
He's definitely not worth a big payday, that we can ALL agree on. That one great season was half of his career minutes.

One idea would be to loan him out somewhere he can be a key player and especially take all of a team's set pieces to demonstrate some production. Maybe he'll regain some of his value. It would obviously be better to just sell him.

Nope. He's not a CF. Just isn't. He would play Bernard's position at LW. So would Richarlison and Lookman, though. Lookman is SO much better from that side it obvious.

But we saw it again today - Malcom on the left. Why? He's a left footer, right-winger. He's been productive when they've played him out right. It just makes no sense. He'd be good for us, though, so hopefully these poor performances have Barca convinced he should be loaned out.

Malcom was on the right in the second half, just as bad. If a winger is too timid to do anything positive with the ball, there is nothing more anyone can do to help him.

Either a loan or a £20mil bid would land him i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.