2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I think that's why he finishes below Digne, Gueye and Keane for me, they've been far more consistently great over the course of the season and haven't missed 3 sitters from 12 yards. Siggy has a habit of turning full observer in faster games too

Very hard to assess him as he does turn into a 'full observer' lol

Just doesnt impact games consistently for me...not by a long shot.

Digne Zoume Keane Gana Richarlison, Bernard and DCL all did well last season, as did Sigurdsson.

But subtract those penalties (and the rebound) and 9 goals as a support forward...meh

He's 26 of 32 in penalties for his career. That doesn't include the penalties where he knocked it in after the initial save.

Take him off penalty duty & he ends the season with 9 goals instead of 13.

4 goals scored strictly because he took penalties, irregardless if he missed 3. The goal against Chelsea was even sweeter after initially having it saved because it technically counted as a goal from open play. He even acknowledged this himself in the post match interview. Really couldn't careless what some random dweebs on a EFC forum think.

lol of course you couldn’t. Get yourself on RedCafe to make the case for your club to sign him in the summer.

Reckon DCL would have topped Siggy if he had cracked the first team sooner. Beginning to think there's a player in there

90mins a game is 3420mins over a season

Open play:

Sigurdsson 348 mins per goal
Calvert-Lewin 296 mins per goal

If each played full matches over the season

Sigurdsson 10 goals
Calvert-Lewin 12 goals

(Both rounded up)

Id be impressed if both had netted around 15 from open play over a season.

But like you say, DCL didnt have the minutes but contributed very effectively although is derided by some...

Just find it odd how Sigurdsson gets the plaudits.

Think that's a tad unfair, he has been good like. Would love to see Bernard in that position at some point

Not for me....in the 10 role i think we need someone who can dominate consistently to really get into the top 4.

In an ideal world

Centre forward - 20 goals
Wide players 15 goals each
Attacking midfielder 15 goals

65 goals which should be a target even if the bar is set very high!

Arsenal scored 73 last season.

In an ideal world

Centre forward - 20 goals
Wide players 15 goals each
Attacking midfielder 15 goals

Mate, we're miles away from an ideal world. Siggy is probably the one of the best options available to us at the moment. Obvs hope that will change, but in the meantime his numbers are v good and happy with the return though not really sold on his ability to consistently dominate big games

Mate, we're miles away from an ideal world. Siggy is probably the one of the best options available to us at the moment. Obvs hope that will change, but in the meantime his numbers are v good and happy with the return though not really sold on his ability to consistently dominate big games

I dont like the system we use with him in it.

Leaves just 2 players in midfield with him high up the pitch and even then he goes missing consistently.

For a team looking to counter at pace i dont see the value compared to others.

Hopefully we do evolve the system and phase him out in the next 2 seasons.

I`d just like to take some time out and thank the moderation team for allowing @RickyRyder back on the forum.

I`m sure with some one to one moderation, he can last longer than last time and provide the whole forum with hours of Siggy stats based fun.

Roydo already webbed him mate. But Ricky is like a comet, he will return next year, visible and bright in the night sky, and we will marvel at him

Status
Not open for further replies.