Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with both posts! It looked like he may have needed proper tough coaching and direction which he didn't get. I really wish or hope, and it probably wouldn't work anyway, that young players were given that foresight that in some cases they need longer, and they should stick around. There's no formula. Some 20-22 year olds play and mature faster, and some take till 25 or even later. I just wish we could keep some younger players around longer before they lose patience and leav.e I don't think even now either Barkley, Lukaku or Stones are ripping it up in their new top 6 clubs.

Good post mate, a clear priority for us is to pull our boot straps up with players from 19-23, there is a no mans land there developmentally at Everton argueanly at PL clubs in general. To be honest the clever play is to keep players like Davies and Ade, who clearly at peak have a talented future to make and a massive contribution to the future of the club. You need a squad of 25 to compete, if you want to win trophies consistently or make the CL that’s the depth required with a decent bar of quality, if you look at our means, history of signing players we won’t be signing 25 top class players at 45 million a pop. Lads like Davies and Ade are the life blood of the future, it’s why it’s utter madness people saying get rid. A quality home grown player is priceless toward the greater and future good, both practically and financially.

We need to learn a harsh lesson with Barkley and make sure that history doesn’t repeat.

This guy looks good. He’ll probably have crap stats so won’t be

giphy.gif

In

CF - Haller £35 million
LW - Neres £40 million

CM - Soumare £25 million
CM - Gomes £25 million

CB - Zouma £20 million

GK - Heaton/Pope (backup) £10 million

Out:

Jags
Williams
Bolasie £5 million
McCarthy (loan with view of perm move)
Besic £5 million
Gana £30 million
Tosun £12 million
Lookman £20 million
Vlasic £12 million
Niasse £5 million
Sandro £2 million
Mirallas (further loan until gone)
Martina: 500k
Dowell £6 million
Pennington £2 million

Pickford

Coleman Keane Zouma Digne

Soumare Gomes

Richarlison Siggurdsson Neres

Haller

Ha ha. Mate. Come on, there’s a whole summer off school. You could live a Stephen King wet dream rather than this.

What's a true no. 6 and what is a no.8? I have an idea but I am wondering what you think = not criticising or not ignorant lol just asking how you see it
Yeah, true 6 doesn't really tell you anything, so that's my bad. 6 is a defensive mid, but Silva has two variants of his 4-3-3, so I was referring to the anchor man / water carrier type defensive mid like William Carvalho.

8 is just a box to box center mid, but doesn't really tell you that much, either.

@MarcelsGoat @Zatara

hypothetically speaking , weve got rid of several useless big earners and are able to bring 3 medium to high cost players

who would you like us to bring in ….

Thats a tricky one because theres a few areas i would look at:

Right back Wan-Bissaka
Centre back Konate
2 × Midfield Sangare + Neves
Right forward Lozano
Striker Pedro or Martinez

But i think we may look to add in players like this Sosa guy in a few positions.

My view is we need 2 starting defenders, 2 starting midfielders and 2 attackers

Just signing 3 expensive players wouldnt cover us.

Well, he's got to be playing somewhere? Or does he have only 5 appearances in total? That seems unlikely.

He's not a first teamer, quite yet and usually doesn't make the bench. He would've been scouted at the U20 South American Championships and I believe he's the captain of the Argentina U20 World Cup team set to play in a couple weeks.

Yeah only 5 first team games. Didnt realise he was captain...thats good.

Tbf to the guy he actually does support Everton. But it is crazy that he went to the trouble after one throw away link from a nothing source.
It probably took him 10-15 minutes.

Agreed, wouldnt have taken him long

Good post mate, a clear priority for us is to pull our boot straps up with players from 19-23, there is a no mans land there developmentally at Everton argueanly at PL clubs in general. To be honest the clever play is to keep players like Davies and Ade, who clearly at peak have a talented future to make and a massive contribution to the future of the club. You need a squad of 25 to compete, if you want to win trophies consistently or make the CL that’s the depth required with a decent bar of quality, if you look at our means, history of signing players we won’t be signing 25 top class players at 45 million a pop. Lads like Davies and Ade are the life blood of the future, it’s why it’s utter madness people saying get rid. A quality home grown player is priceless toward the greater and future good, both practically and financially.

We need to learn a harsh lesson with Barkley and make sure that history doesn’t repeat.

I’m not sure this is true. City won the league this season and only used 21 players in the league. That’s including Foden who was only used regularly towards the end of the season and taking into account lengthy injuries to Mendy and de Bruyne. They’ve also got to 2 finals and had champions league which you might have expected to result in players being rested in some games.

Liverpool only used 23 players and that included Camacho (1 minute), ox chamberlain (19 minutes), Moreno and clyne (around 150 minutes each).

City and Liverpool were clearly ahead of everyone and had other concerns than just the premiership and English cup competitions.

What we need is 18-20 players of high quality and to be lucky with injuries.

Madrid are taking about offloading these players, I would take a couple.

Goalkeeper
Keylor Navas

Defenders
Jesus Vallejo, Theo Hernandez and Sergio Reguilon

Midfielders
Dani Ceballos, Marcos Llorente, Mateo Kovacic, James Rodriguez, Martin Odegaard and Oscar Rodriguez

Forwards
Gareth Bale, Lucas Vazquez, Brahim Diaz and Mariano Diaz

Haha as funny as that is mate, DCL has contributed a great deal to the team from Feb onward. The team is better when he plays upfront, yes he does need to start finding the net and yes we do need another striker anyway but I don't think we'd have been anywhere near as successful with Tosun or Niasse upfront these last few months.

Its because when he plays up front niasse and tuson don’t . Also Bernard plays and richy plays right side and Walcott doesn’t . Having a decent goal scorer in his place who yield many more points.

Status
Not open for further replies.