2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea how easy or hard it is to get a billionaire to buy in to a football club, so can't really comment on whether Bill failed in that respect.

I have no idea how easy or hard it is to get a billionaire to buy in to a football club, so can't really comment on whether Bill failed in that respect.
It seems over the years that there have definately been 'offers' but all involved Bill stepping aside 100% which as we know he is not prepared to do.

Personally there’s only one potential offer that I’m aware was around that could be called a missed opportunity which was the Mubadallah one, but that was due to Man City having a brand new ground made available not specifically Bill.
I’ve seen many other failed take overs or bad takeovers in other clubs that I’m glad we avoided.
I think Bills time as Chairman is up now though.

The tell tale word you use is "seems". If like me you are on the outside looking in, then we have no idea at all what offers there were which might have transformed our club's fortunes. My greatest let down was the King's Dock fiasco. Now, why did Bill string everyone along for months saying the money was safe or ring fenced only to find it wasn't and a great project crashed? I don't know. Possibly someone backed out and cut Bill drift? I imagine he was a gutted as anyone else. To say the least it was embarrassing.

Same posters throwing the capital letters on again... They must think they’re so funny.

giphy.gif

I have never met Bill, so can't offer any insights on any personality flaws, other faults, or anything particularly detrimental about him. His time has been fatally influenced by the big money takeover of our game which has proven way beyond his financial capabilities. He was never able to compete financially which is why we are where we are, trying to row a boat against the current and falling further behind the elite.
He literally said he acknowledged he didn't have the money to bring them forward but he held on to the train set for another decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.