Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No assists don't always show good build up. Saying Jesus has 15 assists so he must be good at build up is wrong just as saying Mane having 1 assist means he is bad is wrong.

I would disagree myself, I think they quite obviously do, especially if you have 15 of them. But each to their own.

Anyhow do you have the stats on your other comment about his involvement in build up play?

I would disagree myself, I think they quite obviously do, especially if you have 15 of them. But each to their own.

Anyhow do you have the stats on your other comment about his involvement in build up play?
I'll try to find some stuff when I get a chance

A clue also is that they have one of, if not the, best academies in the world.

Yes that is fair. We need to aspire to be at that level though. I don't think we are a million miles off (and for me are arguably the best in England) but have some way to go yet. I also think we need to develop players much much better between 18-24. We are weak at this. A big part of that is giving younger players time.

Yes that is fair. We need to aspire to be at that level though. I don't think we are a million miles off (and for me are arguably the best in England) but have some way to go yet. I also think we need to develop players much much better between 18-24. We are weak at this. A big part of that is giving younger players time.

Agree wholly, 18-24 age group really are in no mans land.

We don’t help as fans either, we all want to develop and bring our own young players through to the first team in theory, then want to bin them after 10 games, exhibit A, Tom Davies and Ade Lookman.

We need to learn as a fan base it’s a process not an event.

Well I was gonna say, you have to look at it all comparatively. People can say “let’s do an Ajax” or “let’s do a Benfica” but can you really translate what they do to the PL? Which team in the PL is successful doing that? We’re arguably the best for it and we’re average. I don’t think the model works in the PL.

Well I was gonna say, you have to look at it all comparatively. People can say “let’s do an Ajax” or “let’s do a Benfica” but can you really translate what they do to the PL? Which team in the PL is successful doing that? We’re arguably the best for it and we’re average. I don’t think the model works in the PL.

Of course it doesnt.

Imagine us trying to field a team of kids like Ajax, it would go very badly.

fair play to anyone who mentioned Ziyech in his Twente days a few years ago because he has become some player now
Several did, honestly. Was it Seb Haller there that we were looking at initially and a couple of us kept seeing the same guy setting him up? It was bigger striker I know.

How about we take another run at Gabigol? I like Willian Jose if it's more of a target guy. Great skills, can really pass, and gets his head on everything.

I also think someone versatile like Rebic might help. I know he's not thought of as a true CF, but I love his constant movement and work rate. I want players that are smart and intense, that never stop working.

Status
Not open for further replies.