2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best producers encourage their directors and actors to be expressive within the confines of the script and story.

Somewhat disappointingly, BK has something of a reputation for repressing such expression, especially with wildly successful shows like Blood Brothers, and it must be soul destroying at times for the cast to have to be almost robotic in ones performances.

Must say I've seen Blood Brothers three times at least, and read reviews, and never read a bad review of an actors performance...but as you say, its such a good show its relatively easy to act it for a professional. In fact the boxer John Conteh...no actor....once played the narrator and got good reviews!

Must say I've seen Blood Brothers three times at least, and read reviews, and never read a bad review of an actors performance...but as you say, its such a good show its relatively easy to act it for a professional. In fact the boxer John Conteh...no actor....once played the narrator and got good reviews!
Saw it recently at the Lowry in Salford and it's a fabulous show.
First saw the original on it's opening night at the Playhouse and subsequently in London a couple of times, with the original cast ;)

Saw it recently at the Lowry in Salford and it's a fabulous show.
First saw the original on it's opening night at the Playhouse and subsequently in London a couple of times, with the original cast ;)

No matter how many times you see it,the gunshot always has the whole audience jumping! Anyway...back to Bill the Chairman of Everton....

You're right,every opinion is unqualified, and your opinion is as valid as the next persons. The only measure really is that an actor continues to get work,and Bill worked a lot...as you say you watched him in numerous TV shows. If he were 'diabolical' he wouldn't have worked in 'numerous' shows. I'm surprised you watched so many surely you wouldn't watch if you saw Bills name in the cast list?
Yes you’re right I watched him many times, you found me out there, and actually I thought he was hysterical, just that he wasn’t supposed to be. Steve you obviously have a lot of time for Kenwright, fair enough, but if you seriously think that he was a good actor, I’m honestly glad I haven’t got the same taste as yourself in actors.

Yes you’re right I watched him many times, you found me out there, and actually I thought he was hysterical, just that he wasn’t supposed to be. Steve you obviously have a lot of time for Kenwright, fair enough, but if you seriously think that he was a good actor, I’m honestly glad I haven’t got the same taste as yourself in actors.

Cheers! Have a nice evening.

He's a conman and a charlatan. An utter failure as a chairman who has overseen the worst period in this great club's history and transformed this our once proud club into a total laughing stock that looks a billion miles away from challenging for anything or even winning a derby ffs. That's ok though because he gave everyone on the official club coach a fiver....... :dodgy:

He's a conman and a charlatan. An utter failure as a chairman who has overseen the worst period in this great club's history and transformed this our once proud club into a total laughing stock that looks a billion miles away from challenging for anything or even winning a derby ffs. That's ok though because he gave everyone on the official club coach a fiver....... :dodgy:
been on the booze?

No Steve you are wrong, my opinion of Kenwright’s acting (sic) has absolutely nothing to do with him being Everton’s chairman, I watched him, embarrassing, sorry very embarrassing, in numerous tv shows, I wouldn’t waste any money to see him in a stage show. If he’s made more than the £30M ( at the very least) from his Everton shares from his theatrical work over the years he has never put a penny back into Everton FC than the money he initially bought his shares with. Loves us though doesn’t he?
Allegedly even the debt from the cost of that initial share outlay ended up on the Clubs books so in effect cost nothing.
Allegedly
It might take a lot of time by a skilled forensic accountant to winkle it out though
Allegedly, other operating expenses grew with Bills holdings
Just say in like
Allegedly

Status
Not open for further replies.