2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

....Gomes is a playmaker, he’s like a Quarterback who sets the tempo of the game and sprays short and long passes around the pitch. As I said before he played a game for us, he keeps both wide players in the game with his ability to knock passes with either foot to either wing.

Stats reveal assists, pity there aren’t stats about assisting assists. I imagine Gomes is at the core of many of our attacks.

Im not sure id class him as a playmaker myself...

He rarely loses the ball and can play short/long like you say but im not sure he's especially setting our tempo.

My concern is that to accomodate Gomes and Gylfi you need Gana. Neither Gomes or Gylfi have much pace and i think they arent doing enough in terms of 'all round game' to take us to another level.

Id be interested to adopt the deep playmaker with two box to box players myself...

But anything under £25mil and i wouldnt say no.

Seems appropriate...

Screenshot_20170301-211858.jpg

Everton will have to fend off interest from home and abroad to land Andre Gomes this summer.

The Blues want to turn the 25-year-old's loan from Barcelona into a permanent switch and are considered favourites to sign him at this stage.

But the ECHO has learnt Everton face competition to secure Gomes on a long-term deal.

Spurs have been credited with showing interest in the Portuguese international but the midiflelder also has admirers in Italy and Spain.

Roma and Inter Milan are understood to be among those who are keeping tabs on Gomes.

Everton remain in a strong position to land the former Valencia man but negotiations with Barcelona could also be tough.

The Blues, who earlier in the summer signed Lucas Digne from the Spanish giants, had to wait until the closing stages of deadline day last August to land Gomes, on loan, and Yerry Mina in a permanent deal worth an initial £27.5m.

Barca drove a hard bargain but director of football Marcel Brands refused to budge on his valuation of Mina and, eventually, an agreement was struck.

Everton are confident Gomes prefers to remain at Goodison but offers are expected to come in from around Europe, with the midfielder having proven himself in the Premier League this season.

Gomes is available for the Blues' final game of the campaign against Spurs having served a three game ban.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../everton-face-competition-sign-andre-16238691

Everton will have to fend off interest from home and abroad to land Andre Gomes this summer.

The Blues want to turn the 25-year-old's loan from Barcelona into a permanent switch and are considered favourites to sign him at this stage.

But the ECHO has learnt Everton face competition to secure Gomes on a long-term deal.

Spurs have been credited with showing interest in the Portuguese international but the midiflelder also has admirers in Italy and Spain.

Roma and Inter Milan are understood to be among those who are keeping tabs on Gomes.

Everton remain in a strong position to land the former Valencia man but negotiations with Barcelona could also be tough.

The Blues, who earlier in the summer signed Lucas Digne from the Spanish giants, had to wait until the closing stages of deadline day last August to land Gomes, on loan, and Yerry Mina in a permanent deal worth an initial £27.5m.

Barca drove a hard bargain but director of football Marcel Brands refused to budge on his valuation of Mina and, eventually, an agreement was struck.

Everton are confident Gomes prefers to remain at Goodison but offers are expected to come in from around Europe, with the midfielder having proven himself in the Premier League this season.

Gomes is available for the Blues' final game of the campaign against Spurs having served a three game ban.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../everton-face-competition-sign-andre-16238691
Nothing new in that article that we didn’t already know. Have to try write something about us, as it will be full of the RS today.

Nothing new in that article that we didn’t already know. Have to try write something about us, as it will be full of the RS today.
Hopefully Brands has built up a good relationship with Barca that swings it our way. We might have to promise them first dibs on Richarlison in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.