• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some are basing their grades in comparison to Koelardyce and Bobby, which is not the way I am judging it. As a stand-alone season, it was very meh- at least for me. I want to see big strides next season. We don’t even have to worry about a European campaign, so there will be no excuses.
I think the b is against expectations. He has succesfully changed the style and started to beat those teams we hardly ever did. Real progress I think but he has to show a real advance in position next season and beat that group of teams away from home sometimes...Then win the league.

Can't see how anyone can give a B. Surely to earn that he would have at least sorted the abysmal away form out and for us to sit in a comfortable 7th having closed the points difference to the teams above us.

We pay the 6th most in wages and have invested heavily in recent times, so par (C) should be 7th. You could use our latest results to bump it higher on the basis that we are creating chances, beating top 6 teams and our defence seems to be able to keep a clean sheet, but to do so though we would also have to balance that with losing a match with a two goal lead at Newcastle, then losing to Fulham who hadn't won a game since like 1937 till we rocked up. Shoots of recovery yes, no guarantees he is fully capable yet.
We did invest massively. Mostly in rubbish before his time. He is doing OK and needs to realise some cash from selling that tripe to improve again

We did invest massively. Mostly in rubbish before his time. He is doing OK and needs to realise some cash from selling that tripe to improve again

Brands did a great job in the summer , and Silva has not achieved the basic minimum with those players.
As I said at the time , that was to finish well clear in 7th.
That said , there are some green shoots of recovery.
He must do better though next season , or be replaced, if Brands does it again

B, he’s done a decent turn around job here from what was a hospital pass. If he can progress us on next season then this season will be viewed as a building block to that. If we stand still then he’ll invite questioning obviously. We have to have European qualification, make a serious run at the cups, and get statement results against the top 6 next season to move forward.

A - qualify for CL/win a trophy

B - finish comfortably in 7th / latter round of the cups

C- scrape 7th

D- 8-10th

E - 11-17th

F - relegation

D for me - had we beaten one of Newcastle/Fulham/Palace could have been a C.

Failure to be a C next season and he's out on his ear. Moshiri/ Brands wont accept no Europe for 2 seasons after millions spent on player recruitment.

It’s all subjective, of course.

For me, an “A” would have been European qualification through the league and a good run in one or both of the cups. Not a million miles away in terms of league position/points and pretty timid exits from both cups meant a “C” from me.

C as expected
Not my choice I think he’s a mid table manager, but hope he can prove me wrong with a good season next year following flashes of good and bad tactical performances this year.
Cup runs were his very low point, but ManU was a high

Status
Not open for further replies.