2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are disabled and have a badge and were in that car park on that day & couldn’t get a park because of Pickford then complain, go nuts.

Anyone else, why are you wasting your energy discussing it? I’m not defending what he did I’m just curious at how much people seem to care about pointless things.
A forum is for discussing topics posted on it.... is it not? Your discussing it more than anyone.

I don't mate

Again, this isn't a "holier than thou" issue

Parking in a disabled space is a bit different to parking in a loading bay or on double yellows, or even in a family space

Parking in those places doesn't directly effect people with disabilities for a start

Most sensible people understand that there's a line there

But we don’t know if a disabled person was denied a space at the time he was in it? Plus it’s not any different to the others. Why’s it worse to stop a disabled person parking a little closer to an entrance than it is to say stop a driver being able to make his deliveries and being docked for late delivery?

There’s a lot of high horse opinions in here today.

No not really

It's quite rare, because most people realise it's wrong and don't do it
It’s not as rare as you think mate. When we go shopping with the baby and look for a baby space we often see people have parked there with no children what so ever. Also see people parking in disabled spaces all the time. I feel it’s disgraceful because there are people who genuinely need them spaces. I don’t agree with what Pickford has done but a few pages on his thread is ridiculous because it’s not going to change anything

But we don’t know if a disabled person was denied a space at the time he was in it? Plus it’s not any different to the others. Why’s it worse to stop a disabled person parking a little closer to an entrance than it is to say stop a driver being able to make his deliveries and being docked for late delivery?

There’s a lot of high horse opinions in here today.

I love how having any shred of morals means you're on a "high horse" these days

Used to be that having morals was seen as the normal way to live your life and that not having them was what was questionable

Oh well, continue on with your RAWK behavior mate, I'll move on

It’s not as rare as you think mate. When we go shopping with the baby and look for a baby space we often see people have parked there with no children what so ever. Also see people parking in disabled spaces all the time. I feel it’s disgraceful because there are people who genuinely need them spaces. I don’t agree with what Pickford has done but a few pages on his thread is ridiculous because it’s not going to change anything

The reason it's got to so many pages is because his defenders have made such an issue of it tbf, and thus turned it into a debate

The response should have been "Bad form from Pickford there, but he's a young lad and hopefully someone at the club has a word"

That was really all that was required

However, some people on here have gone into RAWK mode to justify what he's done and it's led to the debate. That's how I see it anyway

The reason it's got to so many pages is because his defenders have made such an issue of it tbf, and thus turned it into a debate

The response should have been "Bad form from Pickford there, but he's a young lad and hopefully someone at the club has a word"

However, some people on here have gone into RAWK mode to justify what he's done and it's led to the debate. That's how I see it anyway
I agree people on here are too quick to jump on him and keep going until they feel everyone thinks and feels the same as them sad really.

He is a decent keeper and probably is a bit of a tit with it but do you know what leave him too it because one day he will come a cropper and it will bite him very hard on the bum

No not really

It's quite rare, because most people realise it's wrong and don't do it

At my Gps surgery, which is a health centre as well, I and many others park in disabled areas on a regular basis, because they are the only spaces available and very rarely occupied. Most disabled people, in wheelchairs, etc, are dropped off and picked up after their session. I don't think theres an actual law against it,if there is its been decriminalised. What really needs to be looked at is the abuse of the disabled parking badge....lots of people seem to have them when they are no more disabled than me, which is not at all. I have a 'condition', but its not stopping me drive, or do anything, but I'm not 'disabled'. Obviously the majority of people deserve a badge, but some just acquire one for convenience.

I haven’t justified what he’s done, I even clearly stated before I’m not defending him, no need to get butthurt and ignore simply written words, Mikey.

I'm a fan of Pickford as a 'keeper, but it's become increasingly clear that the lad is a total helmet of a human.

Let's call it as we see it, instead of doing what the cultists do and think the sun shines out of their players' rear ends.

I agree people on here are too quick to jump on him and keep going until they feel everyone thinks and feels the same as them sad really.

He is a decent keeper and probably is a bit of a tit with it but do you know what leave him too it because one day he will come a cropper and it will bite him very hard on the bum

He's young, famous and has a lot of money

It's not like this sort of stuff is unheard of in cases like that

This is a minor thing at the end of the day, but it probably would be a good idea for someone at the club just to pull him aside and have a bit of a word

Nothing too serious, just a bit of a telling off and leave it at that, because stuff like this doesn't make the club look good and brings unreasonable distractions that the club doesn't need

I'm not saying throw the book at him, but I also don't think we should act like he hasn't done anything wrong or that it's puritanical to think that a non-disabled person shouldn't use a disabled space

no one is saying what he's done isn't stupid, but youse are making out he's vollied a disabled person.

is he wrong? yes, am I the slightest bit arsed? no

Status
Not open for further replies.