Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ajax are potentially 90 minutes away from a Champions league final. I can’t see their squad being gutted during the summer and I can’t see many of their players fancying a tussle for 7th place, personally.
People keep making the Monaco comparison but it really does make sense. Young team overperforms expectations and has no real way to keep hold of all of the players people want. In 2 years they lost Mbappe Lamar Silva Fabinho Bakayoko and Mendy. Ajax will probably lose a similar number.

People keep making the Monaco comparison but it really does make sense. Young team overperforms expectations and has no real way to keep hold of all of the players people want. In 2 years they lost Mbappe Lamar Silva Fabinho Bakayoko and Mendy. Ajax will probably lose a similar number.
I get that mate, but how many of them players left for a team challenging for 7th place?

I get that mate, but how many of them players left for a team challenging for 7th place?
That's true but circumstances change and I do think teams will use a bit more caution since Lamar Bakayono and Fabinho are all not that good. It isn't impossible that we end up with one.

I love Vida is terms of a play that has a ton of heart, commitment, will, etc. He's okay technically, but I would HOPE we can do better. He's not going to start unless we are in a complete emergency. He'd be playing the same role as Mason Holgate. Maybe he's a great leader, maybe they want someone to mentor Vlasic, but seems dubious at best. That being said, him and Mina on set pieces would be hilarious. I'm all for it just for amusement sake!

....nooooooooooo.

That's true but circumstances change and I do think teams will use a bit more caution since Lamar Bakayono and Fabinho are all not that good. It isn't impossible that we end up with one.
Bayoko has been a revelation for AC after a dodgy start and fabinho is probs pools best midfielder a very good 6

Bayoko has been a revelation for AC after a dodgy start and fabinho is probs pools best midfielder a very good 6
Milan are an average team so I'm not sure how much of an accomplishment that is and I still think Henderson is better than Fabinho so not sure there is much else to say there.

The difference is with Ajax that's their model. They probably have youth players who will step in or their eyes on replacements in Holland. They may not be as good as this bumper crop next year but they sell their best players they plan for it as Van Der Sar said last night.

The difference is with Ajax that's their model. They probably have youth players who will step in or their eyes on replacements in Holland. They may not be as good as this bumper crop next year but they sell their best players they plan for it as Van Der Sar said last night.
They have to. They don't have anything to offer them to stay and they'll just lose them on free transfers eventually.

The club will be aiming much higher than 7th. Whether that is achievable is another matter.

I want a title challenge, and that only happens by getting better players who fit a workable system.

Hopefully we can sell the ideology to potential recruits of the desired quality.

....we’ve been continually linked, indeed a number of teams have. Vida is exactly the type of player we don’t want, he’s more Ashley Williams than Zouma.

Surely we want to progress, can’t believe some might want a player of that type.

Yep, we won't be signing players over 27 now.

When brands stated 20-25, and then paused and said 26, i thought that was a good indication of our desire and hopefully mutual agreement to keep Gomes.

If the club intends to grow into contention you have to find and develop superstars.

We cannot buy the finished article and should not be targeting players with their best years behind them with 0 sell on opportunity.

He looks a right mentalist......get him in. Failing that, if it’s only going to be 2 in, Messi and Bale please. Oh, hang on, all 3 will be over 30 by start of next season, that won’t fit the new model will it?

Seriously though, how important do we think a players age is to our managerial regime? At what point do you say “I’m not lashing £40/50/60m on someone aged 28/29/30 etc?”

I can’t see them spending over 20m on a 30 plus year old.
I don’t think we’ll spend 40m on anyone. A few younger players around 15/25m possibly.

He looks a right mentalist......get him in. Failing that, if it’s only going to be 2 in, Messi and Bale please. Oh, hang on, all 3 will be over 30 by start of next season, that won’t fit the new model will it?

Seriously though, how important do we think a players age is to our managerial regime? At what point do you say “I’m not lashing £40/50/60m on someone aged 28/29/30 etc?”

Probably 3 years ago should have been the point.

You know, before we wasted 250m in transfer fees and another 500m in wages on mostly tosh players.

Status
Not open for further replies.