Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know the stats but it wouldn’t surprise me if Bernard had created just as many chances as siggurdsson this season. Also siggurdsson has 5 assists and Some of them will be from set pieces. Bernard has at least a couple. So from open play there’s not a lot of difference and Bernard has played less minutes.
If you ignore the 13 to 2 plgoals-stat, maybe. Im happy with Bernard, he’s a great player, I wont be upset if he’s playing well, like for example Gylfi.

I might have missed something in your post, but why is it Bernard doing as well as Gylfi is a positive about Bernard when your point is saying Siggy should do better?

Yeah, you are right. No one played decent football till Pep turned up.
Who said that?

I’m merely pointing out that there are a few great tactical minds over history of the game that influenced how the game is played so much that the game had to change with them or be left behind and Pep is one of them.

If you don’t agree than that’s your prerogative but you’re wrong.

Who said that?

I’m merely pointing out that there are a few great tactical minds over history of the game that influenced how the game is played so much that the game had to change with them or be left behind and Pep is one of them.

If you don’t agree than that’s your prerogative but you’re wrong.

You said he invented all sorts. He didnt.

The false 9 was invented by the Hungary national teams in the early 50s.

Klopp didn't revolutionize anything. He learned much of his stuff from Wolfgang Frank and obviously, gegenpressing was hardly his invention. Heck, even Frank and others in Germany openly credit Sacchi for the true inspiration. Sacchi was also influenced - as were many others - by Rinus Michel and his Dutch teams. Some believe Victor Maslow invented the modern pressing game with Dynamo Kiev in the 60s.
There’s a difference between inventing and using a system so well the game around the world changes in klopps case.

And as for the false 9 I know pep didn’t invent it but it was the first time it wasn’t used out of necessity and was a tactical decision.

You mentioned a second striker
I wouldn’t want to play with a number 10 second striker and silva has always said his favoured system is 433.

One of the problems for me early in the season when Walcott and Richarlison were wide. We were basically playing 442 as siggurdsson was virtually holding hands witt the centre forward. As he’s to slow to get from the centre of the pitch to the box so this imo forced Richarlison to deep into his own half tracking the full back. And he was getting frustrated because of it. He should be further up the pitch.

I think with Bernard now playing one side who’s probably a more natural wide player, the balance is better. But I still think 433 going forward will be a better system.

I don’t know the stats but it wouldn’t surprise me if Bernard had created just as many chances as siggurdsson this season. Also siggurdsson has 5 assists and Some of them will be from set pieces. Bernard has at least a couple. So from open play there’s not a lot of difference and Bernard has played less minutes.
He has created as many chances, but is that a bad thing? No one has created enough chances period.

We rarely played 4-4-2 with the ball unless we were down. So it's a 4-2-3-1. Keep in mind, one of Silva's two 4-3-3 variants is pretty close to a 4-2-3-1, it's just a matter of the attacking mid dropping a bit. I think Siggy could play that role and still score plenty. He's about the best at scoring from outside of the box in the entire league.

He’s the one who invented the false 9 with Messi as his 9. He also used inverted wing backs quite a lot in the champions league last year and Danilo’s refusal to play that kind of role (or lacks the positional intelligence for it) is why he doesn’t get much playing time. Pep and Klopp have revolutionized the modern game and even Leicester copies Klopps tactics when they won the league.

Pep’s use of tactics and positioning
Pep’s inverted wingbacks
The first time Messi played a false 9

Err... Leicester played 4-4-2, counter-attacking football with two rapid strikers and a brilliant winger capable of moments of magic.

Big Jergy Plopp didn't invent that.

Still uses/used the false 9 and inverted full backs which was my main point and also revolutionized the game while doing which was my second point
He may have revolutionized the game in terms of his 18 zone viewpoint, but you are way off on the other thoughts. The funniest part is that Pep openly admits what an influence Cryuff was on him, which is why his pressing is very much influenced by the Dutch teams of the 70s.

You make it sound like the False 9 is an uncommon tactic.

Inverted full backs? Definitely nothing new there, either.

Err... Leicester played 4-4-2, counter-attacking football with two rapid strikers and a brilliant winger capable of moments of magic.

Klopp didn't even press all that high up the field during his stints in Germany. Nothing close to Nagelsmann and some of the teams right before him.

There’s a difference between inventing and using a system so well the game around the world changes in klopps case.

And as for the false 9 I know pep didn’t invent it but it was the first time it wasn’t used out of necessity and was a tactical decision.
You said he invented it.

Do you even know what system Klopp used in Germany? He came from the same school as a bunch of those German managers. He was a better man manager maybe, but he wasn't extreme of even influential in his tactics.

Klopp did it for years in bundesliga prior to Leicester and even then they couldn’t come up with continued success in follow seasons and even sacked Ranieri

Klopp did it for years in bundesliga prior to Leicester and even then they couldn’t come up with continued success in follow seasons and even sacked Ranieri
Leicster played a medium-block counter attacking footy. That's about where the similarities end. Ranieri is NO WAY was influenced by Klopp. He was playing an asymmetrical 4-4-2. Klopp plays a 4-3-3. They have little in common.

Status
Not open for further replies.