Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....a major plus if Bolasie and Mirallas move, but I fear there’s quite a bit to do to make that happen. Both are on mega bucks contracts, Bolasie in particular has years to go.
Bolasie, Mirallas, Sandro, Tosun, Niasse, Schneiderlin, McCarthy

Absolutely ginormous wages between them. About 450k a week.

Just like Monaco a couple of years back, brilliant young team just out of nowhere and absolutely all of the big clubs just overpower them and buy all the best players. It's what makes football so crap now, you can't enjoy any new teams for more than five mins.

I would say the only team to come through and stick to their guns not letting their best players be cherry picked are Atletico. They starved off the temptation from many clubs, but even that's dubious as they did sell a few of their bigger names, they just replaced them with players just as good, especially strikers.

I think those teams are far more realistic about their place in the pecking order though, and ultimately are quite happy with that. Monaco have sold around £500 million of player in the last 2 years (700 in the last 4 or 800 in the last 5). I imagine you may see similar figures for Ajax over the next 2/3/4 years.

That is what they are set up to do. I don't think anyone is under any illusion at those clubs that once players become worth a certain value they are moved on for as much money as possible. The challenge is then to reinvest the values in both the infrastructure of the club but also more new younger players.

For Monaco in the short term it has been devastating (they have nearly got relegated but should be ok) and for Ajax it may see them move outside of the top 2-3-4 teams in Holland while the process re-jigs. However for Ajax it will likely allow them to dominate after that for the next 10 years and for Monaco to likely credibly challenge PSG and cement 2nd place for probably at least 5 years.

I don't think they are under any illusion that they can keep those players. The players themselves don't wish to stay and will look to move on.If they were prevented from doing so I sense you get problems.

What I find interesting is we now have someone cut from that exact cloth in Brands. How far will this be an approach for Everton? If someone comes in with a large bid for Richarlinson, will we sell? Will our fans accept it?

....linked with Ajax’s 22 year old Brazilian forward, David Neres.

Doubt another winger is a priority for us. Ajax look to have some talented young players, I imagine they are all well on the radar of the very top clubs.

I do see that but it goes along with what Brands said earlier about wanting to get a wide player who could operate down the middle (which in fairness I am not sure is naturally Neres).

We are clearly looking to build a versatile and mobile front 3 who can all play across the front so he would fit that somewhat. I also think it hints at a greater degree of confidence of moving players on, which I could go along with. Getting a buyer for Walcott will be a lot easier than say Sandro last year. Sides will also be cuing up to take Vlasic, Onyekuru & Lookman (at a reasonable price) and Bolasie seems to have done well in Belgium so maybe he gets another year there?

I am not saying we move all of them on, but I sense we will find it a lot easier to do so than last summer, so there may be a feeling we may need a replacement in to help with that and we are moving from quantity to quality. Who knows.

I think those teams are far more realistic about their place in the pecking order though, and ultimately are quite happy with that. Monaco have sold around £500 million of player in the last 2 years (700 in the last 4 or 800 in the last 5). I imagine you may see similar figures for Ajax over the next 2/3/4 years.

That is what they are set up to do. I don't think anyone is under any illusion at those clubs that once players become worth a certain value they are moved on for as much money as possible. The challenge is then to reinvest the values in both the infrastructure of the club but also more new younger players.

For Monaco in the short term it has been devastating (they have nearly got relegated but should be ok) and for Ajax it may see them move outside of the top 2-3-4 teams in Holland while the process re-jigs. However for Ajax it will likely allow them to dominate after that for the next 10 years and for Monaco to likely credibly challenge PSG and cement 2nd place for probably at least 5 years.

I don't think they are under any illusion that they can keep those players. The players themselves don't wish to stay and will look to move on.If they were prevented from doing so I sense you get problems.

What I find interesting is we now have someone cut from that exact cloth in Brands. How far will this be an approach for Everton? If someone comes in with a large bid for Richarlinson, will we sell? Will our fans accept it?
They 'accept' it because they have no choice though. I think the point @toffeejack is making is a good one, it makes football quite boring, because instead of thinking 'ooh Ajax are back in the big time', we're thinking 'I wonder where all those players will end up' and next year the quarter finalists of the Champions League will be back to being the same teams as it has been for the last 10 years.

Apparently hes turned down all contract offers at the RS and free this summer i think?

There would likely be a development fee, but won't be too high as hasn't been there that long.

To be honest they are a good club for us to buy from. When Brands spoke about top 6 teams and the talent of players not getting opportunities they are a good candidate for it. Their recruitment system is very smart under Edwards and they match a lot of the values we are looking for (their is a similarity in how we want to play).

What they cannot offer of course is much first team opportunities for players. If you look at Camacho, Arnold will be Liverpools right back for the next 10 years, he needs to go.

As for an age profile he looks good to me. I still think Coleman has 3-4 years in him before he is out and certainly another 18 months where ehe might be a first choice. That would allow Camacho to be close to 20 and be in pole position to replace him.

Neres stinks of paper talk.

Keep yourselves dry lads it aint happening we have Bernard and Richarlison out wide.

UNLESS Brands wants more goals across the front 3 and see's Bernard as more a squad player.

There would likely be a development fee, but won't be too high as hasn't been there that long.

To be honest they are a good club for us to buy from. When Brands spoke about top 6 teams and the talent of players not getting opportunities they are a good candidate for it. Their recruitment system is very smart under Edwards and they match a lot of the values we are looking for (their is a similarity in how we want to play).

What they cannot offer of course is much first team opportunities for players. If you look at Camacho, Arnold will be Liverpools right back for the next 10 years, he needs to go.

As for an age profile he looks good to me. I still think Coleman has 3-4 years in him before he is out and certainly another 18 months where ehe might be a first choice. That would allow Camacho to be close to 20 and be in pole position to replace him.
Not saying its impossible, but think Coleman really has 3 or 4 years left in him? Think that might be a bit optimistic.

They 'accept' it because they have no choice though. I think the point @toffeejack is making is a good one, it makes football quite boring, because instead of thinking 'ooh Ajax are back in the big time', we're thinking 'I wonder where all those players will end up' and next year the quarter finalists of the Champions League will be back to being the same teams as it has been for the last 10 years.

You`re spot on there.

When I was watching the highlights last night, my first thought was " I wonder how Ajax will keep hold of all these talented young lads "

Shame, as they`ve got some real talent in that team and it`ll get pulled to bits over the Summer.

Just on Neres, he can play both flanks and as a 10. Also played with Richarlison for Brazil u20s.

Lots of value there in terms of the positions he can play -- similar to Richarlison in that way.

Not getting excited for any of the players we're linked with yet. Last summer none of the players we were linked with were the ones who eventually came in. The only one who was linked early doors was Richarlison which was an obvious one because Silva had tapped him up at Watford.

William Carvalho, James Maddison, Kieran Tierney.

I reckon the ones we'll get will be names we haven't even seen linked yet.

To an extent I agree with you, market forces dictate the role that you play. It is also quite fundamentally unfair and in truth a fairly abhorrent part of the modern game (and in truth modern society in general).

That being said clubs such as Ajax have became quite pragmatic to it. They make it work as best as they can for themselves. To a certain degree I think we could learn a lot from that.

The example I would also give would be Celtic (who I appreciate are going down this route too). Glasgow is a massive area (bigger than Manchester or Liverpool) where football is just as entrenched. For me they spent too long spending money on secondary standard players for big money, rather than cultivating a culture whereby they utilise that resource (as Ajax tend to do with Amsterdam and Holland and then sell to Bundesliga & further afield).

Long and short of it though is that Ajax will be very comfortable with losing players. Their manager has done a fantastic job their too and well worth keeping an eye on him.

Just on Neres, he can play both flanks and as a 10. Also played with Richarlison for Brazil u20s.

Lots of value there in terms of the positions he can play -- similar to Richarlison in that way.

He looks best down the right, a fantastic goal return there. He's never played as a 9 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.