• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arnt you one of those posting in here every day that you wanted him gone?

Aye when we were 11th in the table, conceeding daft goals every week and showing relegation form for over 3 months.

We are miles better than that which is shown by recent results. If he does his job im happy to back him.

He’s shown he can get performances from the team when we’ve been in a rut and can turn form around. Martinez Koeman and Allardyce all failed to do this. As soon as the rot set in they had no answers. Silva had a huge slump where it looked as though the players were downing tools, but he’s turned it around and got them playing well again. This is a great sign for the future if he can work on eradicating these maddening slumps in form that Everton squads collectively go through.

He’s shown he can get performances from the team when we’ve been in a rut and can turn form around. Martinez Koeman and Allardyce all failed to do this. As soon as the rot set in they had no answers. Silva had a huge slump where it looked as though the players were downing tools, but he’s turned it around and got them playing well again. This is a great sign for the future if he can work on eradicating these maddening slumps in form that Everton squads collectively go through.
Wants to play football, but doesn't mind being pragmatic. And he has an edge to him.

If Brands hands him the right material he'll make something here.

Can’t get carried away. That capitulation at Newcastle was only a few weeks ago.

I would expect Brands to have weighed up his options. For me, 7th place is the target now. If he can deliver that, I’d be happy to see him get another chance next season.

In all honesty, as daft as it sounds, that Newcastle defeat doesn't particularly concern me. We were absolutely brilliant for about an hour. What let us down that day was Pickford and the linesman. You can't legislate for stuff like that.

The more worrying thing was how things went south after the derby defeat - it was over two months before we got our act together. That's the bit I'm concerned about.

There's plenty of stuff about him that makes me optimistic - I also think the tempo we play at when we are doing well is more likely to get the crowd onside than it ever was under Martinez and Koeman.

We are three points off our total for 17/18 now, with 5 games to go. We also finished last season with a goal difference of -14, whereas we are currently +4.

We appear to have improved this season, even if our position in the league table might not reflect that by the end of the season. Think he's definitely worth a 2nd season, but the form between December and February is something to be aware of and something he will have to ensure isn't repeated.

Last edited:
@BigBlueNose the forum is still waiting for your response to @kev superb piece of vaulting.

Your cooperation in this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
main-qimg-0b25252d15428557acdb196aadf5a5af.jpeg

@BigBlueNose

so would that not be down to lloris as well? mistake every bit as bad as pickfords?

the Fulham keeper who drags down mane to give them a pen late on? ( although don't think it was a pen to be fair but he did flap at the original shot )

the officials giving them offside goal after offside goal?
That doesn't detract from his contribution.

so would that not be down to lloris as well? mistake every bit as bad as pickfords?

the Fulham keeper who drags down mane to give them a pen late on? ( although don't think it was a pen to be fair but he did flap at the original shot )

the officials giving them offside goal after offside goal?

Mahrez pen miss was the biggest one.
That was what will make the difference at the end of the season if the nightmare is reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.