If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think part of the point of football is to develop talent. I think the old three foreigner rule struck a good balance between allowing the best players from any location while promoting local development
For me the whole point of football is to see Everton win as many games as possible.
If we could achieve it by only recruiting from Merseyside that would certainly be a romantic solution but highly unlikely.
Beyond that I am unconcerned where a player is born since anyone who isn’t from Merseyside is a foreigner to me.

Perhaps - though I would argue it is also down to the lack of playing time available to these young player due to the proliferation of good-not-great foreign players.
Agreed bringing in players that are just at a higher level because they are at a more developed point in their career doesn’t help we need fresh young players to develop with ours or someone that stands as a benchmark of what we want a player to become at the club

IF we had ambition mate.
To be honest mate, while I have concerns about Silva, since we had the 17 day layoff, he has turned it around, the defense is sold and has done enough to get next season.
Maybe he was always going to get it anyway, I dunno, but I'm certain he will now.
Not a chance he is going before next Christmas and will proberbly see next season out.

To be honest mate, while I have concerns about Silva, since we had the 17 day layoff, he has turned it around, the defense is sold and has done enough to get next season.
Maybe he was always going to get it anyway, I dunno, but I'm certain he will now.
Not a chance he is going before next Christmas and will proberbly see next season out.

He's certainly improved however in response to Marsh:

1. Its a thread on Silva's replacement

2. He's had a few good games and 4 months of bad ones - as you say he'll get next season however im not gonna start sucking the bloke off until I see evidence of long term progress and that starts from day one of next season.

If its more of the same next season he'll be booted out the door likewise if he continues to improve its all good and he keeps his job - its all in his hands.

I'm happy we seem sorted to the point he will see out next season at least (unless something disastrous happens of course). We needed a little period of stability and settle, otherwise we will just become those fans that scream for the managers head 5 minutes after they get here.

Status
Not open for further replies.