If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
his defending statistics are some of the worst the premier league has ever seen, not just with us, but with hull and Watford.

would love to know why keeping a fella on who is going to relegate us with his defensive tactics is worth persisting with.

Hi BBN,

It's good to turn to statistics isn't it?

How about 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games. 3 away with the two home games being against top 6 clubs?

How about a British manager, and we sign a team made up of predominantly British players with a few talented overseas players to add extra quality?

(Ducks)
Why is the nationality so important to you ? Surely as Everton fans we want the best players / managers regardless of which part of our world they happen to have been born in ?

Why is the nationality so important to you ? Surely as Everton fans we want the best players / managers regardless of which part of our world they happen to have been born in ?
I just think part of the point of football is to develop talent. I think the old three foreigner rule struck a good balance between allowing the best players from any location while promoting local development

I just think part of the point of football is to develop talent. I think the old three foreigner rule struck a good balance between allowing the best players from any location while promoting local development
Neh if anything bringing a higher quality of player in raises the quality of the talent already present.

If we kept the 3 foreigner rule we’d end up like wolves did or villa. Also the reason why young English players who move abroad are playing at a higher level than those where they grew up being told they are the clubs future without any need to improve

Neh if anything bringing a higher quality of player in raises the quality of the talent already present.

If we kept the 3 foreigner rule we’d end up like wolves did or villa. Also the reason why young English players who move abroad are playing at a higher level than those where they grew up being told they are the clubs future without any need to improve
Perhaps - though I would argue it is also down to the lack of playing time available to these young player due to the proliferation of good-not-great foreign players.

Silva does my head in, I actually don't mind the guy, I like his work ethic and I think he has the right ideas, i just don't like 4months of utter rubbish on the field. If he can make it click, he may yet be successful and although at this stage I haven't changed my vote, I admire the work he is doing to try and get results and I'm rooting for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.