Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if Wolves win the FA Cup, then finish 7th and we finish 8th? Does it still work that runners up go in (so they'd have to beat city) or would it go to 8th?

I want us to finish as high as possible. Just as for 6 more performances of yesterday's calibre with desire and effort. Any wins obv a bonus. Gives us a platform for August.

What happens if Wolves win the FA Cup, then finish 7th and we finish 8th? Does it still work that runners up go in (so they'd have to beat city) or would it go to 8th?

Runners up wont go in.

The top 4 go in the CL
5th place, the FA cup winners and League winners the Europa league.

City have won the League cup and will defo finish top 4, so 6th place gets Europa

If Arse or Chelsea win the Europa they enter the CL, so their place in the Europa would go to 7th, if not, they will enter the Europa.
If City win the FA Cup 8th place would get Europa.
If Wolves win the FA cup and finish 7th, then 8th place gets Europa.

I think.

I want 7th regardless of whether its Europa League qualifying or not. We need to at least finish top of the 2nd pack of also rans. The capitulations in both cups mean anything less is a backward step. I don't mind starting the season early just got to use the squad a little. If they take the approach that if we get through its a bonus and if not we find out about a few players on the edge of the squad. Ideal opportunity to play some of the likes of Connolly, Williams, Dowell, Holgate etc see whether they can save us money otherwise in they are in shop window!

Runners up wont go in.

The top 4 go in the CL
5th place, the FA cup winners and League winners the Europa league.

City have won the League cup and will defo finish top 4, so 6th place gets Europa

If Arse or Chelsea win the Europa they enter the CL, so their place in the Europa would go to 7th, if not, they will enter the Europa.
If City win the FA Cup 8th place would get Europa.
If Wolves win the FA cup and finish 7th, then 8th place gets Europa.

I think.
A country can have a max of 7 teams playing continental football. Could be 5 in CL and then 2 in EL or 4 in CL and 3 in EL but pretty sure that's the max. Regardless, 8th never gets EL.

The top four get CL as standard, unless one of them wins either the CL or EL, in which case 5th gets CL.

It's maximum 5 clubs in the CL, so if Spurs finish 6th and win CL, and Arsenal win EL (unlikely combo, but possible) and finish 5th, it's those two plus City and Liverpool and whoever finishes 3rd in the CL.

That'd mean 4th (the EL spot from the league), 5th (rolled over from the League Cup) and either Wolves/Watford/Brighton if either of those win the FA Cup, or whichever team finishes 7th - from my unlikely example above.

A standard it's 1 EL (5th) spot from the league plus the two cup winners. Runners up don't get in as used to be the case in the FA Cup.

As it stands...

As City won the League Cup 6th is now EL.

If City win the FA Cup then 7th is EL.

If Watford/Wolves/Brighton win then they're in EL and 7th place gets nothing - regardless of if Watford/Wolves finish 7th.

Last edited by a moderator:

A country can have a max of 7 teams playing continental football. Could be 5 in CL and then 2 in EL or 4 in CL and 3 in EL but pretty sure that's the max. Regardless, 8th never gets EL.

This is the hypothetical table or variations of it final table that would allow 8th to qualify.

1 Leicester City CL
2, Spurs CL
3. Arsenal CL
4, Man City CL (Through either league or CL win)
5. Man United EL through winning FA Cup
6. West Ham EL
7. Liverpool CL through winning EL
8. Saints EL

But I dunno, I think you are indeed correct with the max 7 teams thing, 8th has got Europa in the past, but I think that was cos of the Fairplay thing we used to have.

But I dunno, I think you are indeed correct with the max 7 teams thing, 8th has got Europa in the past, but I think that was cos of the Fairplay thing we used to have.
Yeah, it's something weird like that, pretty sure they took away 8th, now 7th has the massive qualifiying.

If United/Spurs won the CL and finished 5th, the 5th doesn't bump the EL, it takes the place of it.

This is the hypothetical table or variations of it final table that would allow 8th to qualify.

1 Leicester City CL
2, Spurs CL
3. Arsenal CL
4, Man City CL (Through either league or CL win)
5. Man United EL through winning FA Cup
6. West Ham EL
7. Liverpool CL through winning EL
8. Saints EL

In that scenario (assuming City won CL and Liverpool winning EL) Arsenal would be demoted to EL as the lowest ranked team whom hasn't qualified via winning either EL or CL.

CL - Leicester, Spurs, Liverpool, City
EL - Arsenal, United, West Ham
F'all - Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.