• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt, and now feel a tool.

But yes i am. I think Barkley was overhyped and lazy.
No problem.

And we’ll just have to disagree on Ross, I hated the way Koeman just seemed so relaxed about him going. Something wasn’t right there. Just another thing to blame on Moonhead, a truly crap man-manager.

Do we think Tosun will be moved on and how much we'll recoup the 27 million transfer fee?
I do,and he was supposedly up for sale for offers of 20mil in Jan,off course anyone that wanted him only wanted a loan,which us loaning players we are trying to get rid of is causing problems,as most of them just go for the year or less and never leave on a perm

And we’ll just have to disagree on Ross, I hated the way Koeman just seemed so relaxed about him going. Something wasn’t right there. Just another thing to blame on Moonhead, a truly crap man-manager.
Dont get me wrong, I hoped he could become ‘our gerrard’, but it looked less and less plausible as time went on. And yes, I blame Koeman, but Barkley stabbed Everton in the back, not Koeman. Ronald didnt care either way, the club did, and Ross screwed the club out of a lot of money - a club which had developed and nutured him and given him chances to display himself as a footballer for a decade.

Dont get me wrong, I hoped he could become ‘our gerrard’, but it looked less and less plausible as time went on. And yes, I blame Koeman, but Barkley stabbed Everton in the back, not Koeman. Ronald didnt care either way, the club did, and Ross screwed the club out of a lot of money - a club which had developed and nutured him and given him chances to display himself as a footballer for a decade.

What is sad is that Ross seems like the midfielder we could use right now (essentially Gomes but with higher offensive potential). But in my opinion, he let his ego get ahead of him and the pressure and expectations from us fans get to him.

Wildly optimistic this. Lookman's only taker last summer was willing to buy for roughly the £15m-£20m mark and we were more interested in closer to £30m. He hasn't done much to raise his price since.

Onyekuru, let's be generous and say we'd get about £20m-£25m for him based on his links to Bayern Munich and how much they we were willing to pay for Hudson-Odoi.

Vlasic has had a loan spell at CSKA Moscow since his £10m move to Everton and has done okay at best. I can't see many clubs paying much more than that for him now.

So tippy top we'd get for them is £40m-£50m if they each had cash rich buyers lined up (maybe). None of this current squad would go for big money. None of them have done well enough in the past two seasons to warrant a big bid from another club.

I think someone bid over 20 million for Lookman, I can't see him leaving for any less than that.

We have placed a figure of 35 million on Onyekuru, I suspect if he goes it will need to be north of 30 million.

Again with Vlasic I can't see us taking any less than at least double what we paid for him. I think we are looking at north of £25 million for us to consider. The reality is he's done more than the other 2 so he may want much more than that. Either way can't see him being cheap. Bottom line figures is I don't think we are interested in selling the 3 for less than £80 million when you consider what we've held on for already. It could well get close to the £100 million mark if we negotiate harder. It won't be anything near 40 million.

100m for vlasic, lookman and onyekuru, put the bottle down lad.

The loans out were shocking yet again last summer.
Bolasie cancelled his own loan at villa and then went to Anderlecht with them paying only a percentage of his wages.
Mirallas was sent to fiorentina with no obligation to buy, after what happened with olympiakos it's absolutely shocking

Zouma and jags leaving at the end of the season meaning someone else needs to be signed. Mina, Keane holgate is no where near good enough for a full season.

A back up lb to replace baines and not just promote a youth player, there can't be a massive drop in quality if digne is injured.

Buying gomes (EST 25m), and a zouma/jags replacement (EST 10m), your looking at 35m just to stand still.

Then walcott who is 30 and Schneiderlin who is 30 this year, on massive wages, your hoping bottom half teams come in for them but due to their wages unlikely.

The comments coming from brands and the club signals cheaper unproven players hoping they come good, a method adopted by moyes.

My 100 million figure is working on figures that have been quoted already mate. We have already told teams it's 35 million for Onyekuru. We have rejected mid 20's for Lookman so I imagine around 30 for him. I'd pitch what we would want for Vlasic arguably higher than that, given the season he has had this year in both the Russian and Champions league. You put it together and you have £100 million. It's not indicative of any drinking, just of using the figures people are quoted as being interested in buying 2 of the 3 at and previous offers we have knocked back.

I suspect we could find another loan to replace Zouma. I'm unsure why you think Mina, Keane and Holgate aren't good enough? What is this based upon? Mina and Keane when playing together are averaging 0.5 goals conceded per game together. How many better cb pairings can you name me? Mina is a Columbian international and Keane has just had two excellent games for the England national team. Holgate has probably been the best full back in the championship since he went there. Lots of work to do, but a long way from the nightmare scenario you are painting.

How many games has Baines played this season? We have the best left back in the league? We also have an American international (who didn't fair too badly against Dembele/Mbappe last summer) waiting to return. We also have a lad who can play at left back in Gibson who is playing for the best reserve team in the country at 18. I suspect those 2 can likely cover the handful of games Baines has played?

Neither Walcott nor Schneiderlin will be 30. It's hard to engage with that discussion much beyond that, as it's an out and out fabrication to suggest as much. Since he re-emergence into the team we haven't conceded a goal with Schneiderlin in the team. He looks back to his old self. I suspect someone in France would have him, but if not that sort of performance will do me (especially if Gana goes). Likewise we may have a problem with Walcott, we have to hope he can recapture last season's form. Probably unlikely but far from impossible. He's still in his prime (albeit at the later end of it).

Yes Brands is going to do exactly what you said. It's hardly a revelation and it hardly contradicts any points I've made does it? Unproven players like the leagues best left back in Lucas Digne for example? We were (within the terms of reference) successful with the approach under Moyes and if we can get that approach working for us again we will benefit from it greatly, especially with the additional funds we now have available.

Alongside this, you have the youngest squad in the league. Lots of players who are only going to get better as they are getting more experience and physicality. We also have the best under 23's squad in the league and one of the best under 18's.

If on top of the 100 million or so I have outlined from the 3 lads above and the 30-40 we get from the other players we can spend another 200 million over the next 3 windows, on 8-10 players of the same calibre we have added it's easy to see us being very competitive again.

Before making jibes about people drinking, I'd strongly urge you check your own posts to make sure the ages you are referencing are indeed accurate.

My 100 million figure is working on figures that have been quoted already mate. We have already told teams it's 35 million for Onyekuru. We have rejected mid 20's for Lookman so I imagine around 30 for him. I'd pitch what we would want for Vlasic arguably higher than that, given the season he has had this year in both the Russian and Champions league. You put it together and you have £100 million. It's not indicative of any drinking, just of using the figures people are quoted as being interested in buying 2 of the 3 at and previous offers we have knocked back.

I suspect we could find another loan to replace Zouma. I'm unsure why you think Mina, Keane and Holgate aren't good enough? What is this based upon? Mina and Keane when playing together are averaging 0.5 goals conceded per game together. How many better cb pairings can you name me? Mina is a Columbian international and Keane has just had two excellent games for the England national team. Holgate has probably been the best full back in the championship since he went there. Lots of work to do, but a long way from the nightmare scenario you are painting.

How many games has Baines played this season? We have the best left back in the league? We also have an American international (who didn't fair too badly against Dembele/Mbappe last summer) waiting to return. We also have a lad who can play at left back in Gibson who is playing for the best reserve team in the country at 18. I suspect those 2 can likely cover the handful of games Baines has played?

Neither Walcott nor Schneiderlin will be 30. It's hard to engage with that discussion much beyond that, as it's an out and out fabrication to suggest as much. Since he re-emergence into the team we haven't conceded a goal with Schneiderlin in the team. He looks back to his old self. I suspect someone in France would have him, but if not that sort of performance will do me (especially if Gana goes). Likewise we may have a problem with Walcott, we have to hope he can recapture last season's form. Probably unlikely but far from impossible. He's still in his prime (albeit at the later end of it).

Yes Brands is going to do exactly what you said. It's hardly a revelation and it hardly contradicts any points I've made does it? Unproven players like the leagues best left back in Lucas Digne for example? We were (within the terms of reference) successful with the approach under Moyes and if we can get that approach working for us again we will benefit from it greatly, especially with the additional funds we now have available.

Alongside this, you have the youngest squad in the league. Lots of players who are only going to get better as they are getting more experience and physicality. We also have the best under 23's squad in the league and one of the best under 18's.

If on top of the 100 million or so I have outlined from the 3 lads above and the 30-40 we get from the other players we can spend another 200 million over the next 3 windows, on 8-10 players of the same calibre we have added it's easy to see us being very competitive again.

Before making jibes about people drinking, I'd strongly urge you check your own posts to make sure the ages you are referencing are indeed accurate.

I dont think we got anything close to 20m for Lookman offers myself.

From what I read Soft Drink FC never went above 16m Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.