2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think that I didn't see Tony Kay play? My point is that Keane is no Bobby Moore. It has nothing to do with Kay.
Your comment was than in Keane,we hadn't signed Bobby Moore, my reply was just in response to that. Bobby Moore was excellent but if Kay had been playing Moore would have been a bit part stand in. If you had seen Kay play I obviously wouldn't need to be making this post.

Your comment was than in Keane,we hadn't signed Bobby Moore, my reply was just in response to that. Bobby Moore was excellent but if Kay had been playing Moore would have been a bit part stand in. If you had seen Kay play I obviously wouldn't need to be making this post.
Tony Kay's ban was sad for Everton and sad for football, and I'm not sure that he was guilty of the charge, but if you ran a poll anytime in the last fifty
years about who was the better player, Kay or Moore, what do you think the result would have been?

I repeat, I was comparing Keane and Moore.

I'm hoping that another year under his belt on Merseyside might ease his homesickness, and we can get a true gauge on his abilities. Homesickness can apparently be quite debilitating, so I think we should cut Snail a little slack...

Badly exposed last season in a system that didn't suit him. Has adapted this season, and I think currently him and Mina can combine to be a very good partnership.

Some seriously harsh views in this thread in my opinion. He's the least of our worries.

He played very well on Friday too by the way, and is currently England's 4th choice (Stones, Gomez, Maguire, Keane).

Tony Kay's ban was sad for Everton and sad for football, and I'm not sure that he was guilty of the charge, but if you ran a poll anytime in the last fifty
years about who was the better player, Kay or Moore, what do you think the result would have been?

I repeat, I was comparing Keane and Moore.
As relatively few saw Kay play it's a moot question,add to that the fact that West Ham won the World Cup,you have your answer. Comparing Keane to Moore is the basis of a winning comedy show. But being serious we bought Keane from a deep defending team Silva appears to want something different.As I said in an earlier post Keane is perfectly adequate when the play is ahead of him.Strikers start to switch positions and make runs off his shoulder then the real Keane is laid bare.

I'd say he's been good to excellent in 70% of games this season and poor to below average for the remaining 30%. It's clear he's a good defender and has shown it on plenty of occasions this season but he's definitely get some mental issues that seem to effect his performances. Hopefully he can dwindle those poor performances out to <10%.

As has been mentioned on this thread he's right at the bottom of my list of worries with this squad.

Mina, Keane, Holgate and one more will be fine for next season IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.