Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timing is important in football. Mourinho has of course been a tremendous manager. But his recent work has shown him up to be outdated, negative and almost irrational in his thought process. Our next manager needs to instil belief in the players, coach younger players to become better, recruit sensibly and selectively and unite the club across the board, including the supporters.

Mourinho in his current mode is one of the worst managers out there to achieve all that. The only positive with him is that he would not accept the culture of glorified failure which oozes out of every part of the club. Unfortunately he would probably destroy everything in the first few months before even having a chance to overhaul the mentality.

He’d instantly clash with Kenwright and the board because of this, and that’s why I believe he’d walk very early into his reign. And his personality would grate on every player in training while he is here, it would be an absolute circus from start to finish and absolutely not what we need in our state right now.

People who want him are living in a fantasy world far removed from reality and aren’t taking any of these things into consideration. Just googling pictures of him from a bygone decade holding various trophies and getting steamy eyed.

Well United sacked Mourinho and plucked little crap name OGS who got sacked by Cardiff and are performing better than ever.
No mate..

United sacked mourinho and then re hired all the old back room team, including OGS from Alec fergusons reign..

Sojlkaer takes the plaudits but its the old team back together

He’d instantly clash with Kenwright and the board because of this, and that’s why I believe he’d walk very early into his reign. And his personality would grate on every player in training while he is here, it would be an absolute circus from start to finish and absolutely not what we need in our state right now.

People who want him are living in a fantasy world far removed from reality and aren’t taking any of these things into consideration. Just googling pictures of him from a bygone decade holding various trophies and getting steamy eyed.
Thing is our players would have to listen to him.. As none of them would be able to move to a champions league / trophy winning team.. Whereas most of the United team could

Just did a quick check, not sure 11 trophies at his last 4 clubs can be counted as going up in flames.

At clubs that win trophies no matter who is managing them? United won cups under LVG who their fans unanimously despise. Chelsea won the CL under a failure of a manager in Di Matteo. Real Madrid literally sack managers for not winning either the CL or the league.

At clubs that win trophies no matter who is managing them? United won cups under LVG who their fans unanimously despise. Chelsea won the CL under a failure of a manager in Di Matteo. Real Madrid literally sack managers for not winning either the CL or the league.
I actually missed a couple, it is 13 trophies, not 11. Not bad for his last 4 jobs really, is it?
Interesting you chose not to mention Inter while dismissing his achievements. Or that he won Real’s only league title for 10 years.
If you had said his last 2 jobs, you may have had a bit of a point, but to include his time at Inter and Real as failures is a bit of a stretch.

Didn't he win the CL with Porto?

I actually missed a couple, it is 13 trophies, not 11. Not bad for his last 4 jobs really, is it?
Interesting you chose not to mention Inter while dismissing his achievements. Or that he won Real’s only league title for 10 years.
If you had said his last 2 jobs, you may have had a bit of a point, but to include his time at Inter and Real as failures is a bit of a stretch.

Inter was 10 years ago, and I don’t know where you’re getting the only title for 10 years thing from because Zidane won it in 2017.

If I was strictly talking about trophies then fine, but I’m not, I'm talking about everything that comes with Mourinho the man. We are not a massive club and don’t have a squad full of world class players for him to walk into with an open cheque book to buy whoever we want. So we get all the negative baggage of Mourinho but minus the trophies. In other words, a recipe for catastrophe.

Inter was 10 years ago, and I don’t know where you’re getting the only title for 10 years thing from because Zidane won it in 2017.

If I was strictly talking about trophies then fine, but I’m not, I'm talking about everything that comes with Mourinho the man. We are not a massive club and don’t have a squad full of world class players for him to walk into with an open cheque book to buy whoever we want. So we get all the negative baggage of Mourinho but minus the trophies. In other words, a recipe for catastrophe.
Because things are going swimmingly here at the moment aren't they!

Status
Not open for further replies.