2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Courtois (25) and Ochoa (25) made more saves than Pickfords 17 in the tournament. His saves against Russia and Sweden in particular.

He also was excellent with his distribution;

There was a reason he earned headlines like the below;

He was tremendous in the world cup.

What is it with Evertonians snarling at our better players? His own clubs fans now actually trying to take that away/undermine his performance because it doesnt fit their agenda. Really, really weird.

I think it's mainly this;

Some of you really need to give your heads a wobble.

He's been in a poor run of form, he'd benefit from some genuine competition.
And yet the BBC match ratings only gave him a 5 and two 6s in the group stage, and he was almost universally acknowledged to have had an absolute shocker against Belgium, leading to even his opposite number commenting on it. He was good, I was pleased for him and for the club that he represented, but I just didn't think he was quite as good as you evidently did. I did of course say all this at the time, along with many others on your own website, but if you want to ignore that and pretend we're rewriting history because of the derby then who am I to question it.

*Also lol at using the cumulative number of saves made as evidence when he played more than twice as many as games as half the keepers there.

Only Courtois (25) and Ochoa (25) made more saves than Pickfords 17 in the tournament. His saves against Russia and Sweden in particular.

He also was excellent with his distribution;

Howard made 12 saves in one world cup match, must be world class...

There was a reason he earned headlines like the below;

Yes and that reason was because the English media like to overhype when the country does well. That doesn't mean Pickford had a poor world cup, he had a good world cup but that headline is a perfect example of how his performances were overhyped. He is not one of the best goalkeepers in the world, he did not put in any godlike performances at the world cup.

His own clubs fans now actually trying to take that away/undermine his performance because it doesnt fit their agenda. Really, really weird.

What agenda is that ? Why are you ignoring that plenty of people said his world cup was overhyped before this season had begun, is it because that doesn't fit your agenda ? You seem to have this ill informed idea that anyone who doesn't think he was 'unbelievable' at the world cup only thinks that because he's had a poor season this year even though there is evidence in this very thread that that's not the case. Really, really weird.

Last edited:

Howard made 12 saves in one world cup match, must be world class...

Yes and that reason was because the English media like to overhype when the country does well. That doesn't mean Pickford had a poor world cup, he had a good world cup but that headline is a perfect example of how his performances were overhyped. He is not one of the best goalkeepers in the world, he did not put in any godlike performances at the world cup.

What agenda is that ? Why are you ignoring that plenty of people said his world cup was overhyped before this season had begun, is it because that doesn't fit your agenda ? You seem to have this ill informed idea that anyone who doesn't think he was 'unbelievable' at the world cup only thinks that because he's had a poor season this year even though there is evidence in this very thread that that's not the case. Really, really weird.

16 saves T Bone made actually, there's a video of all of them posted by @davids a few pages back.

You won't be disappointed when you watch them either, werld class was our Timbo

His attitude aggravates me. He hasn't had the best of seasons. However I still believe that he is a good keeper. Still needs to work on dealing with crosses though.

Some people say hes not good enough for Everton to be fair though,never has been,and never will be.

He's not good enough on current form, if next season turns out like this season then they'll have a point. I think he'll get on top of things though, he'll always have a clanger in him but if he gets back to last seasons form he's probably good enough for any club outside top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.