Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
PMSL!!! And you don't think we have looked disinterested, demoralised and disjointed this season? Did you see the first half Sunday, or the second half against Newcastle? Or just about every other couple of games this season?

Big Sam was dire, but his team was not disjointed. The players were not disinterested under Koeman - they just got demoralised though because of the fixture list from hell.

Marco has manged to achieve all three of these things in his tenure in charge - and half the first team are his signings...

Rome wasnt built in a day - but Marco is incapable of building Rome. At least Moyes built us a nice solid stable walled city after we foraged round in the wilderness on a hand to mouth existence in the previous decade.

I don't know what Marco is building at the moment. I can't explain our style of play or understand our system at times - the players look equally lost and that is how I know that sadly he is no leader of men. He had the chance at the start of the season to rip it up and start again with a new system, tactics, players and identity for club. He has signed enough players - I don't see any evidence of the rest.

At least with Moyes you knew what you were going to get.

I get it. You don’t like or want Silva.
You hark back to those halcyon trophy-laden days of Moyes. Do you not recall virtually every single away game, and every single game against a top level Club barring City who weren’t clearly what they are now, and how he went for a dire 0-0 and invariably got beat?
Some very selective memories about the Moyes reign at Everton. Of course he did some really good things, but let’s not kid ourselves he was anything great.

Davey, Davey, Davey, Davey Moyes
David Moyes, David Moyes, David Moyes.
David Moyes, let me rock you
Let me rock you, David Moyes
Let me rock you, that's all I wanna do
Let me rock you, let me feel for you
Davey Moyes let me tell you what I wanna do
Do you feel for me, the way I feel for you
I wanna love you, wanna hug you, wanna squeeze you too
Let me take you in my arms, let me fill you with my charms, Davey
'Cause you know that I'm the one to keep you warm, Davey
I'll make you more than just a physical dream
I wanna rock you, Davey baby, 'cause you make me wanna scream
Let me rock you, rock you.....
I feel for you, I think I love you xxxxxxxx

I get it. You don’t like or want Silva.
You hark back to those halcyon trophy-laden days of Moyes. Do you not recall virtually every single away game, and every single game against a top level Club barring City who weren’t clearly what they are now, and how he went for a dire 0-0 and invariably got beat?
Some very selective memories about the Moyes reign at Everton. Of course he did some really good things, but let’s not kid ourselves he was anything great.

Let's agree to disagree, but I. my opinion he was great for us. You don't win manager of the year 3 times if you aren't doing anything great. He won those awards for achieving league positions beyond the resources he had. No trophies, but 4th and 5th place finishes should have allowed us to kick on - sadly investment (or lack of at the time) prevented us from doing so.

And don't kid yourself about the beating a top level club argument - we ended Arsenal's invincible run, beat United, Chelsea, Spurs and the RS - something no-one has managed to do since with more resources.

If you go back and look at what I have said in the thread, Moyes would be my choice until the end of the season for the stability and organisation he would bring. I'm not saying he should be our future, but please don't rubbish his past with us. There is no need.

PMSL!!! And you don't think we have looked disinterested, demoralised and disjointed this season? Did you see the first half Sunday, or the second half against Newcastle? Or just about every other couple of games this season?

Big Sam was dire, but his team was not disjointed. The players were not disinterested under Koeman - they just got demoralised though because of the fixture list from hell.

Marco has manged to achieve all three of these things in his tenure in charge - and half the first team are his signings...

Rome wasnt built in a day - but Marco is incapable of building Rome. At least Moyes built us a nice solid stable walled city after we foraged round in the wilderness on a hand to mouth existence in the previous decade.

I don't know what Marco is building at the moment. I can't explain our style of play or understand our system at times - the players look equally lost and that is how I know that sadly he is no leader of men. He had the chance at the start of the season to rip it up and start again with a new system, tactics, players and identity for club. He has signed enough players - I don't see any evidence of the rest.

At least with Moyes you knew what you were going to get.

Hard to disagree with that last line- the answer being diddly squat.

Hard to disagree with that last line- the answer being diddly squat.

Pretty much. I guess that's where the trade off point is. He will make you solid enough (well unless you are Sunderland) but he will never ever win anything in his career. Do we want that or do we want someone who will provide more ups and downs but with the chance of actually winning something?

Pretty much. I guess that's where the trade off point is. He will make you solid enough (well unless you are Sunderland) but he will never ever win anything in his career. Do we want that or do we want someone who will provide more ups and downs but with the chance of actually winning something?
I don't think anyone can doubt what a wonderful job he did given what he took on after Smith.
But the man couldn't even win consistently with Utd.
He's a decent manager but he has no idea how to create a side that needs to dominate the ball.

Davey, Davey, Davey, Davey Moyes
David Moyes, David Moyes, David Moyes.
Let me rock you, that's all I wanna do
Let me rock you, let me feel for you
Do you feel for me, the way I feel for you
I wanna love you, wanna hug you, wanna squeeze you too
Let me take you in my arms, let me fill you with my charms, Davey
'Cause you know that I'm the one to keep you warm, Davey
I'll make you more than just a physical dream
I wanna rock you, Davey baby, 'cause you make me wanna scream
Let me rock you, rock you.....
I feel for you, I think I love you xxxxxxxx

You spent time on that at 6.39am are you feeling ok lad haha

A poem for Davey Moyes: -

We didn’t realise how good we had it at the time,
when Pip was our captain with his trademark chip down the line,
ever since you left it’s been a struggle,
what was your great team is now a pile of rubble,
oh David Moyes we dearly miss you,
poor Mr Silva bit off more than he could chew.

Sometimes you don’t know just how ruddy good you’ve got it until it’s no longer there.

COYB!!!!!
Jeez

Moyes Moyes, you was always cla-ssy,
Moyes Moyes, come back (and) sell Bol-asie.

He perfected getting 5th/6th and stayed in his comfort zone in circumstances that would have been much more favourable to making a breakthrough then as opposed to now had he not accepted the status quo and challenged himself and Bill to do better.

Certainly he did good things and was great at getting value for money but for me some of those years were a huge opportunity missed and he has to take some of the responsibility for that as well as the obvious credit for a period of stability, albeit to no tangible result in the end, other than not having to contend with bottom half finishes and relegation worries.

Or Kone, Mori and McCarthy

I completely agree, Martinez signed a load of garbage and one diamond. That sums the guy up - he was capable of that odd moment where you thought “wow”, followed by a load of dross.

Moyes was more conservative and middle of the road. He wouldn’t have signed rubbish like Kobe, but wouldn’t have bagged Lukaku either.

Status
Not open for further replies.