• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He sussed Schneiderlin our pretty quickly, he’s only come back in now when he’s ready to perform. I’m hoping that the penny has dropped with Walcott too. I think he’s given Gueye a rocket as well because he seems to be a completely different player since the PSG interest (which suggests he’s playing for a move and could have been capable of this level before if he’d applied himself). He also seems to have lost patience with Tosun.

I think because results have been poor that people underestimate the work Silva has odolnet his season. It will pay off next season I believe. He effectively retired the entirety of Everton’s first team last season based around Williams Martina Jagielka Baines Schneiderlin Rooney Tosun. He’s even shown he’s willing to drop Coleman as soon as his level dropped.

In its place we now have Mina Digne Gomes Richarlison Calvert Lewin Bernard.

How anyone can say this isn’t a step forward is beyond me. There’s been some bumps in the road but he’s not shirked the big decisions that people are now taking for granted. Another manager could have easily retained that core above, indulged Rooney, sidelined the young players, kept old pros in the back 4. Silva didn’t have to make these changes, would have been easier for him not to, the likes of Rooney Jags Baines Tosun were huge names at the club with big standing.

He’s had to rip apart a rotten core and start again. I want him to carry on sweeping the dross out and bringing players like Digne Richarlison and Bernard in. He’s shown he’s ruthless enough. Next out the first team door has to be Keane Coleman (with regret) Siggurdson and Walcott.

Other than the Sigurdsson point lol, i can't disagree with most of this. This is why Silva has to be given time.

Gomes confidence was shot...he was bordering on depressed at Barca by his own admission. Silva has him smiling, loving Football again and starting to put in decent performances. Lucas couldn’t get a sniff...he’s now first choice.
Schneiderlin was written off after 30 mins by some, so acknowledging an improvement flyer several games seems reasonable.
Keane is better garbage than he was under Spam Allardyce...definitely an improvement.

Digne couldn’t get a sniff but is now first choice.

Mate, they have Jordi Alba and we have an OAP Leighton Baines.

He’s always been this good.

Inconsistent under Silva?
Inconsistent is our middle name.
Inconsistent is an anagram of Nil Satis Nisi Optimium.
For Everton, read inconsistent.
Nothing to do with Marco Silva. Like those before him he’s been brought in to try and change that.

We're consistent at being inconsistent hence why we end every season with so many annoying draws.

He sussed Schneiderlin our pretty quickly, he’s only come back in now when he’s ready to perform. I’m hoping that the penny has dropped with Walcott too. I think he’s given Gueye a rocket as well because he seems to be a completely different player since the PSG interest (which suggests he’s playing for a move and could have been capable of this level before if he’d applied himself). He also seems to have lost patience with Tosun.

I think because results have been poor that people underestimate the work Silva has odolnet his season. It will pay off next season I believe. He effectively retired the entirety of Everton’s first team last season based around Williams Martina Jagielka Baines Schneiderlin Rooney Tosun. He’s even shown he’s willing to drop Coleman as soon as his level dropped.

How anyone can say this isn’t a step forward is beyond me. There’s been some bumps in the road but he’s not shirked the big decisions that people are now taking for granted. Another manager could have easily retained that core above, indulged Rooney, sidelined the young players, kept old pros in the back 4. Silva didn’t have to make these changes, would have been easier for him not to, the likes of Rooney Jags Baines Tosun were huge names at the club with big standing.

He’s had to rip apart a rotten core and start again. I want him to carry on sweeping the dross out and bringing players like Digne Richarlison and Bernard in. He’s shown he’s ruthless enough. Next out the first team door has to be Keane Coleman (with regret) Siggurdson and Walcott.
This 100%.

Approaching 50-50 already. A win at West Ham could tip the balance the other way. Come on Marco. We are all behind you.

This is what it looks like on a pie chart.

2wg8xc.png

...you're welcome.

To comment about the Schneiderlin thing, he came in here and I have NO DOUBT he assumed Morgan would be his 6 along with Gana at 8 so he could play his 4-3-3. He said as much when he was asked about his tactics when he got hired. We haven't been amazing, but he seriously doesn't even have the players to play either of his 4-3-3 variants. That's kind of unfair in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.