• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Season has been a massive failure under silva. 45mins against Chelsea isn’t changing that. They should have been out of sight at half time.

If he doesn’t get 7th he should be fired.
Personally I hope we don’t get 7th
Europa is the last thing the club needs
Unless he uses the early rounds to put players he wants shot of in the shop window
If we sign the 3 or 4 players we need plus Vlasic , Henry , Holgate coming back into the squad , they will need a full and properly planned preseason to enable them to hit the ground running.
EL may be great for fans but it’s the last thing Silva / Brands needs now
Although a team of
Virginia
Kenny
Pennington
GIBSON
Baines
Besic
Schnederlin
Dowell
Beni
Tosun
Naisse
May have enough to get us through to the group stages and allow Silva a chance to get the first 22/23 up to scratch

Just by having a consistent GK we'd be 10-15 points better off this season. Silva was also denied a striker all season (Richarlison might be able to play there in a pinch, but he was always bought for wide left).

There's something to this manager. He's shown it in games against very good teams. We were the better team over the two fixtures against Chelsea. Arsenal game we played very well. The first half down there we created a lot of chances and then fell away second half (I fancy us to get a result against them in the return fixture). Liverpool - the two derbies were evenly matched and we probably deserved a draw in both. United we were always in that game and if the likes of Bernard, Gomez and Sigurdsson had taken their chances we'd have won. Against City we were in both games and created chances. Spurs - the two games against them were appalling and we deserved nothing. But that was the only one we struggled badly in.

I think that tells a story: Spurs apart, Silva's Everton team can play well when we dont have to generate the intensity and we can drop back and nullify and then get going. Against other teams we dont have the attacking prowess down the right flank to match the left flank's, and we dont have a striker who can lead the line and snap up unlikely goals.

Give Silva that addition to the attack and we'll do a whole lot better next season.

Personally I hope we don’t get 7th
Europa is the last thing the club needs
Unless he uses the early rounds to put players he wants shot of in the shop window
If we sign the 3 or 4 players we need plus Vlasic , Henry , Holgate coming back into the squad , they will need a full and properly planned preseason to enable them to hit the ground running.
EL may be great for fans but it’s the last thing Silva / Brands needs now
Although a team of
Virginia
Kenny
Pennington
GIBSON
Baines
Besic
Schnederlin
Dowell
Beni
Tosun
Naisse
May have enough to get us through to the group stages and allow Silva a chance to get the first 22/23 up to scratch

we won't get 7th, but Europe is exactly what the clubs needs

the prize for winning that cup is entry into the champions league, Chelsea are in the quarters against slavia prague, we should be all over that

Just by having a consistent GK we'd be 10-15 points better off this season. Silva was also denied a striker all season (Richarlison might be able to play there in a pinch, but he was always bought for wide left).

There's something to this manager. He's shown it in games against very good teams. We were the better team over the two fixtures against Chelsea. Arsenal game we played very well. The first half down there we created a lot of chances and then fell away second half (I fancy us to get a result against them in the return fixture). Liverpool - the two derbies were evenly matched and we probably deserved a draw in both. United we were always in that game and if the likes of Bernard, Gomez and Sigurdsson had taken their chances we'd have won. Against City we were in both games and created chances. Spurs - the two games against them were appalling and we deserved nothing. But that was the only one we struggled badly in.

I think that tells a story: Spurs apart, Silva's Everton team can play well when we dont have to generate the intensity and we can drop back and nullify and then get going. Against other teams we dont have the attacking prowess down the right flank to match the left flank's, and we dont have a striker who can lead the line and snap up unlikely goals.

Give Silva that addition to the attack and we'll do a whole lot better next season.

Please show your workings out.

we won't get 7th, but Europe is exactly what the clubs needs

the prize for winning that cup is entry into the champions league, Chelsea are in the quarters against slavia prague, we should be all over that
At the expense of ruining the pre season preparations
If Silva played a squad of players that he was trying to sell in the preliminary rounds and kept his first team squad at home to get them ready then yes
However the pressure would be on him to play strong teams and disrupt his preseason

You`re going to wish you never asked that question lol

Quite possibly, but I'm very intrigued by just what kind of mental gymnastics are about to be deployed to find 15 points from our season that would have been saved had Nick Pope been between the sticks lol

If we made it into Europe then there's no way on earth playing weakened teams would fly. Supporters would be up in arms.

Even if there is an adverse impact to pre-season, I just can't bring myself to not want European football. The club would have to just cope with it and plan pre-season with that in mind.

Everton should be in Europe every year ideally. Four extra games in the summer is not that big of a deterrent.

The reality is though we're not getting into Europe anyway. We're 4 points behind Wolves who have a game in hand a much easier run in.

So he can get the team up for it against the big boys but struggles to motivate them for bread and butter matches.

Top of my head:

Cost us

3 points away to Wolves
3 points versus West Ham
1 point versus Leicester when Vardy hits the winner
1 point versus Liverpool at the first derby
3 points versus Newcastle

Ahh these kind of straw man arguments do amuse me. I'm not for one second suggesting here that Pickford hasn't had a shambles of a season, but let's look at what you've got down here:

Wolves away - yes he should have saved that free kick, but it was moved 5 yards further forward than it should have been taken from and we were down to 10 men from that point onwards. We even took the lead again after that so to say he cos us 2 points (not 3 as you say) is harsh.

West Ham at home - I believe it was the second goal that was his fault due to a poor kick out, still there was nothing he could do about the finish and we lost that game 3-1, so subtract that goal and we still lose, so I'm scratching my head here how he cost us 3 points?

Leicster at home - harsh to blame him considering Keane and Walcott were at fault for letting Vardy through 1 v 1. If we are going to blame Pickford for points lost for not saving 1 v 1s, should we not also thank him for crucial saves such as a Chelsea away and Liverpool at home to name a couple. Not to mention a pentaly he saved against Crystal Palace at home with the scores at 0-0...

Liverpool and Newcastle away - yes, no doubt those points were dropped because of him.

My main gripe with your argument though is that you seem to have a very strange "you can't judge Silva until he gets a proper goalie and striker" type argument, were virtually all the faults of our season are brushed under a Jordan Pickford and Dominic Calvert-Lewin shaped rug. Neither of those players are responsible for our dreadful set piece record for example, one of achilles heels we've shown this season.

We are 11th on 40 measly points because we haven't been good enough mate, playing and coaching staff both.

Ahh these kind of straw man arguments do amuse me. I'm not for one second suggesting here that Pickford hasn't had a shambles of a season, but let's look at what you've got down here:

Wolves away - yes he should have saved that free kick, but it was moved 5 yards further forward than it should have been taken from and we were down to 10 men from that point onwards. We even took the lead again after that so to say he cos us 2 points (not 3 as you say) is harsh.

West Ham at home - I believe it was the second goal that was his fault due to a poor kick out, still there was nothing he could do about the finish and we lost that game 3-1, so subtract that goal and we still lose, so I'm scratching my head here how he cost us 3 points?

Leicster at home - harsh to blame him considering Keane and Walcott were at fault for letting Vardy through 1 v 1. If we are going to blame Pickford for points lost for not saving 1 v 1s, should we not also thank him for crucial saves such as a Chelsea away and Liverpool at home to name a couple. Not to mention a pentaly he saved against Crystal Palace at home with the scores at 0-0...

Liverpool and Newcastle away - yes, no doubt those points were dropped because of him.

My main gripe with your argument though is that you seem to have a very strange "you can't judge Silva until he gets a proper goalie and striker" type argument, were virtually all the faults of our season are brushed under a Jordan Pickford and Dominic Calvert-Lewin shaped rug. Neither of those players are responsible for our dreadful set piece record for example, one of achilles heels we've shown this season.

We are 11th on 40 measly points because we haven't been good enough mate, playing and coaching staff both.
There's always an excuse for man-child Pickford...which is why he'll remain a man-child.

The last thing he needs are people excusing his multiple gaffes. He needs to face up to them and accept them. His comments post-match versus Chelsea didn't hold out a lot of hope in that respect, basically saying he's doing nothing different game to game...but he is - he focuses a lot more in some matches and stops arseing around (as per Liverpool and Chelsea recently), but mostly he acts like a divvy.

Given we played Bournemouth and Wolves with ten men they arguably look like good points despite us throwing them away. Remember as well that Bournemouth should never have had a penalty in that game and both red cards were unjust.
So no teams close out wins with ten men?

Status
Not open for further replies.