• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please can someone make an alternate reality league thread, not for teams but for posters who use alternate realities to win arguments, it would be boss at the end of the season to see who the most deluded poster is.
Wouldn’t be a fair contest
Some of our posters were raised in a delusional cult
( Checked the spelling twice , it’s definitely an L not Ann N lol

3 clean sheets out the last 4. Signs.
I agree his ability to organise a defence seems to have improved
However we were very lucky not to concede against the RS and Chelsea and the second half collapse against Newcastle was worrying
I think it’s still too early to say he’s fixed the problems but there are a few signs
3 against Cardiff , 2 against Newcastle and Chelsea shows we can score goals but I’m still concerned we look panicky at the back when put under pressure

However we were very lucky not to concede against the RS and Chelsea and the second half collapse against Newcastle was worrying
I think it’s still too early to say he’s fixed the problems but there are a few signs
3 against Cardiff , 2 against Newcastle and Chelsea shows we can score goals but I’m still concerned we look panicky at the back when put under pressure

He needs to play the same back four from now until the end of the season. He seems to have settled on his first choice front three and midfield so he now needs to do the same with his defence. There’s been plenty of games we’ve been unlucky to concede in as well so the argument swings both ways. The defence felt comfortable against Chelsea after the first ten mins and against Liverpool the whole game. That is progression from some of the stuff in January and Feb.

I wouldn’t argue with most of that but have we changed much or are the players doing a bit more what that should have been doing all season ? Picking up a man , not going to sleep , clearing a loose ball and that ? Genuinely I’m not sure , when you look at that Millwall game I’m far from convinced that was the managers fault as much as just lazy sloppy defending, so is that change or are we better drilled ?

I agree on Newcastle but that collapse maybe identifies the fragility that still exists amongst the players .

Posted this on r/everton but imagine if:

We held onto a draw at Newcastle on March 9, net points: 1.

We held onto a draw at Watford on February 9, net points: 1.

We held onto a draw at Southampton on January 19, net points: 1.

We held onto a draw against Leicester City on January 1, net points: 1 (we were never going to win that day with that garbage performance)

We held onto a draw at Brighton on December 29, net points: 1 (in reality . we shouldn't have lost but say we were able to draw)

We beat Watford on December 10 instead of drawing, net points: +2

We beat Newcastle on December 5 instead of drawing, net points: +2

TOTAL: +9 points.

Add +3 to +6 if we had actually won a few of the matches we should be winning.

Could be 49-55 points the table, comfortably 7th or seriously challenging for 5th or 6th.
That’s a little bit cultish for my liking
That’s something you’d see on RAWK

Posted this on r/everton but imagine if:

We held onto a draw at Newcastle on March 9, net points: 1.

We held onto a draw at Watford on February 9, net points: 1.

We held onto a draw at Southampton on January 19, net points: 1.

We held onto a draw against Leicester City on January 1, net points: 1 (we were never going to win that day with that garbage performance)

We held onto a draw at Brighton on December 29, net points: 1 (in reality . we shouldn't have lost but say we were able to draw)

We beat Watford on December 10 instead of drawing, net points: +2

We beat Newcastle on December 5 instead of drawing, net points: +2

TOTAL: +9 points.

Add +3 to +6 if we had actually won a few of the matches we should be winning.

Could be 49-55 points the table, comfortably 7th or seriously challenging for 5th or 6th.

Imagine if there's no Heaven, it's easy if you try.

He needs to play the same back four from now until the end of the season. He seems to have settled on his first choice front three and midfield so he now needs to do the same with his defence. There’s been plenty of games we’ve been unlucky to concede in as well so the argument swings both ways. The defence felt comfortable against Chelsea after the first ten mins and against Liverpool the whole game. That is progression from some of the stuff in January and Feb.
I agree
It seems the side that started against Chelsea is our best 11
With Chelsea’s transfer ban coming into effect I can’t see them letting Zouma go so the Mina /Keane partnership should be played for the rest of the season
Play that 11 ( barring injuries suspensions) for the rest of the season and see where we are and what needs to be fixed.
DCL has improved but he’s not the answer
We still need a recognised striker with DCL as backup/ change of tactic player
RB and CM will need to be addressed as well but playing the same 11 will let Silva / Brands know the most pressing needs

Silva produces 45 mins of good football and all is forgiven?

First half was woeful.

Jury’s still out for me.

It hasn’t been 45 mins of good football though has it? 93 minutes matching Liverpool at Anfield in their best form which even Klopp said was their toughest game at home. Hitting 5 past Burnley, 3 past Cardiff, we were the better team against Liverpool at home in the second half, we did the same against Chelsea. There’s been lots of poor football but when it’s been good we have no problems scoring away from home and can match up to top teams. We need to increase consistency yes, but it’s a world away from what we saw Allardyce produce at Anfield to get a draw or some of the dross Koeman pushed out.

I'll qualify my remark for you " from winning positions" but I think you had the idea already.
Granted it’s been inconsistent and frustrating at times
We should have coasted the game against Newcastle
As I said in an earlier post Silvas ability to organise a defence still worries me and his game management needs to dramatically improve but we knew that when he signed.
He knows this is his last shot at the big time , if he messes up here I doubt he will get a big job again
Most of us knew that in a transition season results and performances would be inconsistent, but at this stage of the season I would expect to see some consistency emerge
It has improved over the last 4 matches with just 2 poor 45 min spells in those games but when it’s bad it’s very bad
Playing the same 11 over the next 7 games should help.
If Zouma is a possibility for a permanent transfer maybe him and Mina together should be tried otherwise the same 11 and see how we go
Bernard seems to have settled ( apart from goalscoring ) and as was mentioned the front 7 seems to be settled so play them and see what needs to be fixed

Granted it’s been inconsistent and frustrating at times
We should have coasted the game against Newcastle
As I said in an earlier post Silvas ability to organise a defence still worries me and his game management needs to dramatically improve but we knew that when he signed.
He knows this is his last shot at the big time , if he messes up here I doubt he will get a big job again
Most of us knew that in a transition season results and performances would be inconsistent, but at this stage of the season I would expect to see some consistency emerge
It has improved over the last 4 matches with just 2 poor 45 min spells in those games but when it’s bad it’s very bad
Playing the same 11 over the next 7 games should help.
If Zouma is a possibility for a permanent transfer maybe him and Mina together should be tried otherwise the same 11 and see how we go
Bernard seems to have settled ( apart from goalscoring ) and as was mentioned the front 7 seems to be settled so play them and see what needs to be fixed

I don,t believe that "transition" is interchangeable with going backwards (from a results perspective but as I have repeated on many occasions until the club actually spells out the club performance targets every season..then we are all being kept in the dark,

Status
Not open for further replies.