• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didnt you give this much time and patience for Alladyce mate?

Considering Alladyce did better with worse players why weren't you willing to give him the summer like you are with Silva?

Did he. Why were the crowd hounding him out? It wasn't because of the good football on show. It seems that you do not understand that we are attempting progressive football under Silva.....not quite working but it is possible with our style that we can progress. Now to BFS.....no progressive football at all, it won't get any better and maybe no worse. Just slugging out games hoping not to concede and hopefully nick a goal. That is Allardyces way.....hopeful football. Some of us call it negative football. I would rather finish 10th with attempted football rather than 8th with non-progressive football. You have to look at the bigger picture rather than be blinkered. Silva and Brands are attempting a rebuild whereas Allardyce would go for a slug out and play it the same way year after year. No thanks.

Has anyone improved under him this season?

I think I’d say yes mate. But not many.

Keane looks a bit better. Not hard like!
Coleman has been a bit more himself despite some absolute meltdowns.
And DCL is definitely improving but I think that would have happened anyway.

You heard Silva ...we planned all week to execute like the 2nd half...so why did the players decide not to turn up from the off? I am still not convinced these players are playing for him and shouting at the players at half time will eventually wear off. Playing sirens and asking for the crowd to help him just seem like gimmicks because there is a larger problem underneath it all.
Hopefully will be sorted by punting 75% of the squad in the summer.

Btw I’m not slating Silva per se; I just feel if this job is a project then that means long term. Long term to me needs to be progressing the squad so that transfers are only required to replace injuries/aged players.

Personally I see a DCL has improved, some confidence has been brought back to players like Keane, but I don’t think anyone has actually looked like they’ve come on under him.

The game vs. Newcastle and first half against Chelsea was very deflating.

I don't think he is the right man longer term, but 7 points from 12 and 3 clean sheets in the last 4 isn't bad at all by recent standards.

There has been glimpses of what might be, and we saw a huge difference in performance and application in the two halves yesterday, though we could easily have been beaten out of sight after 45 minutes we were that poor.

I read good things about his man-management abilities in the summer, but far too often we don't see players wanting to fight enough, for themselves, their team-mates, the manager, and fans.

It's all very haphazard and unpredictable still. When we're good, we're ok, and when we're bad we stink to high heaven.

There is a case to put this instability down to the mess he inherited but my personal view is that he could be getting more out of the squad in terms of consistency of effort and application if not results.

He will certainly begin next season as manager here. It will be a difficult summer I think, with money being tight, players hard to shift, and our ever-decreasing attractiveness to potential signings. Under those circumstances, which mirror the problems we have right now, he has not shown enough ingenuity for me to get the squad united and produce a cohesive XI for every game. He will be dealing with the same problems next summer and I don't see a great deal of change.

Did he. Why were the crowd hounding him out? It wasn't because of the good football on show. It seems that you do not understand that we are attempting progressive football under Silva.....not quite working but it is possible with our style that we can progress. Now to BFS.....no progressive football at all, it won't get any better and maybe no worse. Just slugging out games hoping not to concede and hopefully nick a goal. That is Allardyces way.....hopeful football. Some of us call it negative football. I would rather finish 10th with attempted football rather than 8th with non-progressive football. You have to look at the bigger picture rather than be blinkered. Silva and Brands are attempting a rebuild whereas Allardyce would go for a slug out and play it the same way year after year. No thanks.

Some people prefer tippy tappy football others prefer it direct.

Some fans liked Alladyce and some like Silva.

I just find it slightly hypocritical that the same fans moaning about other fans not giving Silva time were equally as guilty as not doing the same with Alladyce.

My stance on Silva hasn't changed and I wont be shocked in the slightest if West Ham beat us as thats what we are under him - an inconsistent side that in a run of 5 games wins 1, draws 1 and loses 3. Some find that acceptable others not.

If we finish the season in 8th I'll be willing to give him another season however anything less than a solid end to the season and he still should leave imo.

I just find it slightly hypocritical that the same fans moaning about other fans not giving Silva time were equally as guilty as not doing the same with Alladyce.

My stance on Silva hasn't changed and I wont be shocked in the slightest if West Ham beat us as thats what we are under him - an inconsistent side that in a run of 5 games wins 1, draws 1 and loses 3. Some find that acceptable others not.

If we finish the season in 8th I'll be willing to give him another season however anything less than a solid end to the season and he still should leave imo.

hahahahaha what? did anyone actually like him? not everton fans if they did

Finally someone with sense. The all out high intensity pressing and counter requires TOP class fitness. We cannot sustain this approach with the players we have or the fitness we have. They are not unfit tho, just simply not the level that is required to sustain 90mins
Think this idea of the players as unfit and lazy is not what's going on.

Its more about the players working to Silva's system, approach.
Its either individual players don't work well within his approach.
A combination of types of players don't work effectively within the system
Some, or most of the players, don't believe in the approach.
Or its a combination of the above.

The point is, players look unfit and lazy when they don't compliment the system, they are not sure what they should be doing in a given moment.
At this level hesitation is not common, it goes against the psyche of an elite athlete, instead players over read or under read the situations. They play themselves out of the play. They end up looking like they are doing nothing.
Part of this of course is about the system/approach restricting the players abilities and instincts. Pogba's recent turn around in form is a classic point in case.

that's because Allardyce is an utter yard dog manager who prioritizes a clean sheet over winning, He was brought in to steer us away from relegation and we got rid of him, Why would we want to give him of all managers more time lmao.

Continues to puzzle me as to why he cannot motivate his players to perform well over 90 minutes. Have we had one game yet where we've outplayed the opponent for a full game with decent to good football?

Give me the first half against Newcastle, and the second half against Chelsea, and I think we're easily a top 7 side. Why does he continously fail to get his players up for the games?

I applaud him for whatever was said at half time yesterday, but wtf was said at half time against Newcastle to give the opposite effect?

This needs sorting, or he needs punting, as that's no way go through a season. It'll get us absolutely nowhere.

It's not hypocritical at all though. Allardyce was always a short term appointment, we knew that. Silva is a long term appointment, that has been confirmed by both Moshiri and Brands. There is therefore a very clear difference in what we're expecting from each of them.

It's not that we're an inconsistent side 'under him', we're just an inconsistent side full stop. We have been for my entire Everton supporting life. There's actually this thing I saw the other day, where they give teams points based on their results and then rank them in order starting with who's got the most. From what I could tell, the consistently good teams were at the top of this grid thing, the consistently bad ones at the bottom, and the inconsistent ones in the middle. Remarkable thing it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.