• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The club

Me neither.

I actually think that this could be resolved a lot quicker - it might come at a short term cost but we would have a club and fan-base that would be aligned. I would ask Brands to socialize to the board and fan-base his 5 year plan inclusive of club performance targets based on what we can attract and spend.

So for example, If Brands came out and told everyone we have budget and target that supports a 8-15th placed finish, every season, for the next 3 years then we all know were we stand and likewise management, players and fans can stick with it or consider there options. It could mean better players move on and attendances drop but the club would get back control of the long term future of the club.The reality is that the fans are not being told anything about our capability and club performance targets, the club hire dodgy mangers and the fans run them out - that,s not good for anyone.

So for me this all goes back to the board - continue on a path of instability and leaking money or come clean with the fans and get buy in and control.

I'm absolutely shocked but thats a good post.

Surprised 37.1% still think he's the right man.

I can only assume this is based on him not being Sam Allardyce and/or the "we can't keep sacking managers" line...

You have to judge him in isolation, not on Koeman/Allardyce.

Is he good enough to progress Everton?...
Who is, given the amount of sows ears still in the squad.
If Brands can get the ratio down, maybe Silva can do something with them...before he gets the push.
I fear we will only be able to bring in 2 players in June due to lack of real cash.
Somewhere down the line the downward pigs ear line on the graph will cross the current/new/next/eventual managers level of competance line and we're in business

They are, but we've had managers in the past who have had iffy first seasons but then turned it around, so that alone isn't a reason to want him gone, especially as there's been times we've looked good this season

Who?

Times we've looked good?

Teams Everton have beat this season.

Southampton, Rotherham, Fulham, Leicester, Crystal Palace, Brighton, Cardiff, Burnley, Lincoln, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Cardiff City.

The season has been a complete write off, the season was over earlier than most when Millwall dumped us out the FA Cup.

There's the argument for transitional season, but we've seen nothing to suggest he's the right man. The 'gamble' with no credentials has shown nothing to suggest he's worth any more of a gamble.

I've not really warmed to him as a personality, but I don't hate him either and I do honestly think that if he did get another window, he and Brands could make some good signings provided that they can also get rid of the dead weight, and if they find 2-3 good players then it could be a whole different ballgame next season

5 players who started vs Newcastle were brought in under Silva.

If he was English and his name was Matt Smith and he was bald rather than Marco Silva, he would never have got the job.

He's dull, he's one dimensional, he's tactically limited and that's being kind = he's out of his depth, he's a fraud.

If Brands assesses this season and determines Marco Silva is the right man for Everton, then his position should be as scrutinised as Silva's next season.

I just feel that was such a low bar and the performances we have seen for what is now half the season have been enough to convince me he won't do any better than this.

Maybe

Or maybe with some fresh faces and a bit of a culling things would be smoother

There's enough there to suggest he might still turn this around that I'm not calling for his head

Plus, I don't think he's getting sacked anyway, so we might as well just get behind him and the team at this stage and hope that Brands plays a blinder in the summer when it comes to player in-comings and outgoings

Regardless, there's no overnight fix for the mess we're in. This is going on five years of mismanagement at all levels of the club

The honest answer mate is that I don't know

I personally think he's getting one more transfer window at least, so I'm going to reserve judgment until I see who he's after in the summer

A lot of players need to be gotten off the books and replaced with the quality we need to kick on

If you look at Gomes, Richarlison and Zouma, I think these were decent enough signings, although far from perfect

Digne has been excellent, which I'm happy to say despite wanting a different player at the time

Mina has been a bit cack, but he could still kick on maybe, who knows?

I trust Silva and Brands enough when it comes to spotting players that I'm not overly worried about what sort of players they want to bring in, but it's up to Silva to then get those players playing, which is still up in the air

Basically, I think it genuinely is too soon to throw out the baby with the bathwater in regards to Silva. There's been some atrocious performances but there's also been some decent ones buried among them (The two Derbies especially)

There's a chance he could turn this around, which is not something I thought about Koeman or Large Samuel, so I'm kind of willing to give him another window and a bit more time to see if he can crack it

I also don't know who we'd replace him with at this stage either. None of the top managers would come here, so we'd just be going for either an experienced steady hand or another up and comer, which could very easily just lead to more of the same

Agree with every word of this Mikey. Exactly where I stand

Who?

Times we've looked good?

Southampton, Rotherham, Fulham, Leicester, Crystal Palace, Brighton, Cardiff, Burnley, Lincoln, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Cardiff City.

The season has been a complete write off, the season was over earlier than most when Millwall dumped us out the FA Cup.

There's the argument for transitional season, but we've seen nothing to suggest he's the right man. The 'gamble' with no credentials has shown nothing to suggest he's worth any more of a gamble.

If he was English and his name was Matt Smith and he was bald rather than Marco Silva, he would never have got the job.

He's dull, he's one dimensional, he's tactically limited and that's being kind = he's out of his depth, he's a fraud.

If Brands assesses this season and determines Marco Silva is the right man for Everton, then his position should be as scrutinised as Silva's next season.
nice to have you on the silva out bus … you can have your ticket for nowt mate

TICKKETTS PLEEEEASE !

Who?

Times we've looked good?

I can't say you are wrong and if I was sacked today I wouldn't waste much energy debating against you on all that, but there's a flipside as always.

6 players who started that game were not his though and the backup from the squad is not very good.

There's still some benefit of the doubt to be given him considering what he is working with. That squad is still not right at all.

You'd have to say it's possible he can be less one dimensional, more tactically flexible if the squad refresh is a success in the summer.

I think the summer business won't change whether he is still boss or not.

Who?

Times we've looked good?

We've actually looked good quite a few times, often in games we've lost ironically

I think this genuinely is a transitional season, in the sense that Silva is transitioning a lot of the old guard out whilst also trying to phase in his new signings as well as the younger players he feels deserve a chance. He's apparently keeping a close eye on the lads on loan as well, and he's probably going to try and give the likes of Joe Williams a go next season. If he goes at this stage, then the new manager might throw all of that out, which could be a big set back and would feel like a waste

As I've said in another post, there's no overnight fix to the issues we're facing here, and I don't think sacking Silva is going to fix things. I mean, who do we give the job to if he goes?

If there was someone out there tearing it up that would actually want the job, then I'd be far more willing to send Silva on his way. The harsh reality is that there isn't

I just don't think sacking him achieves anything at this stage, especially as his signings haven't been all too bad. There's potential there. It's not in abundance, but it's glimmering at the bottom of the river and it might still come to surface

I'm just not ready to be as bullish as you are on this one. Who knows, if we go on a terrible run now and get battered every week till the end of the season then I might change my mind, but right now I don't see any real benefit to sacking him, so I'm not going to call for it. He could still fix this, and I'm going to attempt to be optimistic and say that he will. If you want to feel differently then fair do's

one things for sure, I think we should discount most german league managers.

its becoming evident that their league is on par with our league one at the moment

all their champions league sides have performed abysmally.

Everton have failed to beat any of the Premier League's current top nine sides this season.

Five of the Blues remaining eight matches this term are against sides in the top nine.

Predict these fixtures;

Chelsea (H)
West Ham (A)
Arsenal (H)
Fulham (A)
Man Utd (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Burnley (H)
Spurs (A)

Then consider where Everton will likely finish this season.

If we hold him to a different standard than we did Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce, all of who he will have a worst record than - I'd like to know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.