Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if Moshiri is going to bring in another short term appointment and have another huge bill to pay to get rid of Silva.

I’m pretty sure Brands will be doing the hiring and firing from now on. And there’s now way he would have Moyes as manager.

He's going to have another huge bill to get rid of Silva anyway. You are deluded if you think Silva will be in charge next season. We could get done by a few cricket scores in the next few weeks - that would not help things in terms of prep for next season.

Cut our losses now, do what united did with Solskjaer (he is supposed to be temporary til the end of the season) and get someone who can help press the reset button (Moyes) and then make a permanent appointment on the summer. Someone proven in one of the top 4 leagues in Europe.

He's going to have another huge bill to get rid of Silva anyway. You are deluded if you think Silva will be in charge next season. We could get done by a few cricket scores in the next few weeks - that would not help things in terms of prep for next season.

Cut our losses now, do what united did with Solskjaer (he is supposed to be temporary til the end of the season) and get someone who can help press the reset button (Moyes) and then make a permanent appointment on the summer. Someone proven in one of the top 4 leagues in Europe.
So he’s going to get rid of Silva, then Employ Moyes for 8 games
And I’m the deluded one ha ha ha
Stick to singing cherry

Shows how bad things are when doing nothing, winning nothing and going nowhere for 10 years is considered better than doing nothing, winning nothing and going nowhere for 5 years.

Here is my Poem for David Moyes.

No Thanks Davey.

The End.

:)

Going nowhere with no money for 10 years (we finished higher than we do now) is way better than going nowhere with loads of money for 5 years.

Less embarrassing for a start.

Dear David Moyes thanks for all those years of success(hmmm) thanks for assembling some very talented squads but not pushing them to greater heights thanks for leaving us when you thought you were bigger and better ,why on Earth you were given a rousing send off is still beyond me a day we waved goodbye to a Manchester United bound manager is the day this club lost what soul it had left

Some people think it’s unrealistic.

I remember when Moyes was on his way out and Martinez was coming in and loads of people were claiming that they’d rather see us finish 12th and ‘have a go’ than continue to finish 6th and not ‘have a go’. I strongly suspect that many of these people are calling for Silva’s head right now.

It’s funny that the general consensus was that when he left he was releasing us of the shackles that he had put on us over the years, when in reality it was those ‘shackles’ that were propping us up as the best of the rest.

I suppose in some ways we are now taking a gun to a gun fight. Trouble is our gun is a revolver and the top 6 have heavy machine guns.

Can probably be summarised by we lost games under Moyes because our players weren’t as good as the top ones. We’ve lost a lot more games since because our players are now even worse. I think people just believed there was a magic manager round the corner waiting to propel the likes of Osman Neville and Howard to challenge for CL places consistently, win trophies and win big games away from home. Those things only happen when you combine a top manager with top players (as Liverpool and Spurs have started doing). We replaced Moyes with a succession of mid table managers and they’ve bought poor players. I respect Moyes because he got the most out of the limited funds he had which can’t be said for his successors. What people wanted him to do though was just unrealistic given that he had a board selling his best players and the ones he kept were crocked by a freak injury season where we picked up 4 ACLs.

Imagine in a different world we had kept the 07-09 team intact. None of them had snapped their ACLs. Moyes was given Moshiri’s millions at exactly the same time that Barkley and Stones came through. I doubt he would have messed it up quite has badly as Martinez and Koeman did. We certainly would not have seen some of the clowns we have done in blue over the last few seasons, we wouldn’t have had players on tv criticising the manager, we wouldn’t have had players leaving training, grabbing penalties off each other, we wouldn’t have even worried about relegation at any point, we’d never have spent 45 mill on the Icelandic David Dunn, we wouldn’t have hired that slug Allardyce and we may wel have looked at a few seasons of European qualification and increased revenues.

He’s an absolute league above Martinez Koeman and Allardyce. It’s not even a comparison.

OK I've had a look at Moyes last 5 seasons vs the seasons since, I've only had a quick look but the points tally against City, United, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool is as follows;

08/09 - 12 Points
09/10 - 15 Points
10/11 - 19 Points
11/12 - 10 Points
12/13 - 15 Points

13/14 - 14 Points
14/15 - 7 Points
15/16 - 8 Points
16/17 - 10 Points
17/18 - 4 Points
18/19 - 2 Points

Seems to be a drop off in the post Moyes era when we've been playing the super football we all wanted. I appreciate some of those teams have strengthened significantly in that period but so have we in the last couple of seasons, which incidentally is when we've gained fewest points. There's all sorts of variables you could chuck into the mix to discredit Moyes, but the simple fact is his record more than stands up against anyone we've had since.
Nice work.

Can't see mediocre Marco getting many more than his 2 pts either..

Marvellous

For what it’s worth unless we have a top manager lined up I’d have him back to do the interim turnaround job that seems to be beyond everyone who has followed him. Drilling the basics into us to get us back up to European qualification and building the squad back up tor he point where a top manager could then have a crack at the top 4? Give me that any day over another clown coming along throwing huge money around only to have us in a relegation battle again.

Status
Not open for further replies.