New Everton Stadium Discussion

So we are told we can increase the stadium yet safe standing won’t increase capacity nor have we got the footprint to do so.....

Yeah am sick and tired of this football club and it pretending to want to compete.

My understanding is that the stadium proposals are for 50k but by the time the stadium is built safe standing may well be authorised and therefore we will be able to easily change a seating area to a safe standing area which will increase stadium.

Could be wrong though?

My understanding is that the stadium proposals are for 50k but by the time the stadium is built safe standing may well be authorised and therefore we will be able to easily change a seating area to a safe standing area which will increase stadium.

Could be wrong though?
Wrong.

Safe standing will still be a 1 person per seat system just no seat

Looks like the Everton game will be in the new stadium! ;)

Test events; 24th and 30th March.

First Premier League game; Either 3rd April against Crystal Palace or 5th/6th April against Brighton (depends on Brightons FA Cup result)

Champions League Quarter Final confirmed for new stadium.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...m-test-event-matches-and-opening-game-update/
I'm sorry, but it should be left until next season. A month of the season's end is no time to start a new stadium. In my opinion.

Wrong.

Safe standing will still be a 1 person per seat system just no seat
Thank you for pointing out my error, I batit backtoyouby stating that new style rail seats take up only 2/3rds of the space needed for a seated space therefore freeing up more space for extra supporters.

Dependant on how much space Everton wish to free up this could be a significant increase in gates.

Promoting Bramley-Moore Dock stadium on the French Riviera next week... yeah the weather is awful right now, so yeah lets have a free holiday to the French Riviera, its a bit like when Walsh went scouting in italy for a couple of weeks

So our Billionaire owner has now been reduced to hitching up Everton's skirt and pimping us out to prospective investors at a conference.

Are we supposed to be dumb enough to believe that is how massive deals are done in Football. Abramovich was at the ideal home exhibition and was torn between a blender for the other half or Chelsea. Sheikh Mansoor went down the Aldi for a loaf and a pint of milk and came back owning City.

The stupidity of the notion that outside investors would buy you a ground is indescribably stupid. A Stadium is entirely dependent on the fortunes of whichever team plays there. If the Billionaire who owns the Club isn't prepared to fund the Stadium then why the hell would an outside investor with no control be daft enough to fund it.

Decades of empty rhetoric about a new Stadium and the gullible are still lapping it up. How did we go from notions of Usmanov sailing up the Mersey on his super yacht to berth at the BMD to scratching around for investment.