• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve decided I’m not going to attempt to judge any manager that has to come in and manage this rabble of degenerates. Every manager gets a free pass until every single one of these players is down the road.
Good, redeeming points about Marco Silva.

Let's list them.

A sum up:

“Can’t keep sacking managers.”

“Will continue to pay compensation to former managers”

“He may come good next season”.

“It’s not his faults it’ll the players’ weak mentality”.

“He needs time and buy his own players. Nothing can be done in a season”.

Gotta give a manager time but this lad looks clueless. 2 nil up and he is all about scoring another goal to finish them off. No wonder we can defend. The shape to our team in defense was a joke. The agressiin to go win first and second balls is an embarassmentto the players and management. Win those first and second high balls second half and game in the bag.take a player off if he doesnt win his challanges and u would see the players win the next one. Sort it out marco or you will be managing in the danish league

We should have finished them off. Our final ball was awful in the 2nd half. I understood the mina sub. The only way they were getting back into it was that long ball.

My blame is squarely on that clown Pickford

Thught he might have turned a corner last week the change going to 5 at the back awful decision for me just put on an extra cm instead , i blame him but still doesnt take away that i have no confidence at all anymore us being able to defend

A sum up:

“Can’t keep sacking managers.”

“Will continue to pay compensation for former managers”

“He may come good next season”.

“It’s not his faults it’ll the players’ weak mentality”.

“He needs time and buy his own players. Nothing can be done in a season”.

5 of the lads who started vs Newcastle where his players. Not convinced he'd do any better with another season/another five.

Teams outside top six to have beaten top 6 is :-

Southampton x 2
West Ham
Wolves x 2
Leicester x 2
Bournemouth
Crystal Palace x 2
Newcastle
Brighton
Watford
Burnley

14 teams outside the top 6, 10 have all won against the top 6 on 14 occassions.

4 teams not to win against top 4?

Huddersfield
Fulham
Cardiff
EVERTON.........

Nothing more to be said
But it's transition...

Good, redeeming points about Marco Silva.

Let's list them.
AGAIN, I wouldn't have gone for Silva. However...

Massive improvements in defending in open play, creating chances, and his players seem to back him.

In terms of accolades, his Olympiakos team won the Greek super league in 2015-2106.
Won the Taca de Portugal with Sporting in 2014-2015
Won the 2nd League in Portugal 2011-2012.

His Greek side was incredible in his defense - they literally won 17 straight games in the league and had the league wrapped up with 6 games left. And his work at Estoril was amazing, they finished 5th and 4th in Portugal.

He's not been amazing in England, but he took over a poor Hull City side, won 8 in 22 with them, beat a couple top 6 sides, but couldn't get out of relegation. Hull would've kept him by all accounts.

He then took over a Watford side that finished 17th and had them playing well at least halfway through the season.

Do I think we can do better? Yeah, think so, but his credentials aren't horrible. He's surely not Sam Allardyce who's never won a single trophy as a manager in his life - unless you could his time at Limerick in like 1991.

We dont care if Alladyce is a bad manager mate or whos the better out of the two.

NEITHER are good enough for this football club and by defending this clown you and the rest are keeping us dragged down in the bottom half.

Anyone who defends this fella at this point deserves everything they get with this club as far as im concerned. I get those willing to give him time around Xmas when calls began for his head however since then NOTHING has improved other than a 0-0 derby game. His past record also backs up that things aint changing anytime soon.

Its the equivalent of Blackburn fans backing Venkys.

Uh, several here wanted to keep Sam. Seriously. So yes, I'm defending any and all concepts of bringing in someone like that because we'd go down.

Teams outside top six to have beaten top 6 is :-

Southampton x 2
West Ham
Wolves x 2
Leicester x 2
Bournemouth
Crystal Palace x 2
Newcastle
Brighton
Watford
Burnley

14 teams outside the top 6, 10 have all won against the top 6 on 14 occassions.

4 teams not to win against top 4?

Huddersfield
Fulham
Cardiff
EVERTON.........

Nothing more to be said
And to think there are truck loads of people on here who will want to keep him, absolute mutants.

I honestly don't think we were under much pressure at 2-1. Had seen out their surge of confidence.

Then Siggurdsson flops on his arse to give up possession when an easy pass was on and Pickford palms a save back to the penalty spot and the whole thing falls apart.

He will be here in August. Hopefully a lot more of these players won't be.

That’s why you were satisfied with 11th and Martinez.

I cannot believe there are individuals saying stuff like Silva can’t set up a defense

We just conceded 3 goals in a single half of football against a poor Newcastle side, the overwhelming reason for which was poor organisation of a 3 man defence.

We’ve conceded stupid goals ALL season and we’re absolutely horrendous at defending set pieces (the worst in the league), a trait which has followed Silva at every club he’s managed.

I cannot believe there individuals saying Silva can organise a defence, as there is no evidence that he can.

18 month contract, sacked after 6 due to the clammer from our support.

Didn't want him , but he would have got us higher in the league this season , without Silva's Super 6 signings.

At least he knew how to set up defensively.
To be fair to him, he largely did what he was supposed to do. I didn't expect miracles this season but 2 points against the top six isn't really that great. We were good against the RS last week, but then again big Sam got a draw at Anfield last season and drew at home with them. If they weren't in the title race, we would of been unhappy with just a draw. We still failed to create any really proper chances and when we did get close we were pretty poor. I don't have a clue why Digne took the free kick at the end when Sigs could of whipped it in and it could of easily gone in. These silly stupid mistakes in games are costing us, failure to take chances and endless mistakes from the goalie don't help. Big Sam was pretty awful, but at least he could get results when he wanted to. Conceding in the 96th minute against the RS and the 93rd minute against Millwall, plus losing 2 goal leads against Bournmouth and Newcastle doesn't suggest we're moving forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.