• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is actually bang on

ive said this for months, we will finish about 16th, as teams below us pick up wins agaisnst the top teams, like Southampton yesterday, whilst we lose all of them.

we will end up a handful of points off the relegation zone

investors will then be thinking we can not indefinitely guarantee this premier league money for the next 25 years and they would be correct

Just realise 7 points off 17th. This really is pathetic.

I think we seriously have to seriously ask the following questions to get the answer.

1. Are we underperforming?
  2. Have we gone backwards?

1. Are we underperforming - I think we have established that we massively overpaid for some very average footballers, sometimes the transfer fee can heighten the expectation. However, are the players we have a lot worst than we originally believed? Are they not as good as their counterparts at Watford, West Ham, Leicester, Bournemouth and Wolves? Just seems to me that some of these teams just seem a little more organised and have a bit more belief.

2. We are back to Martinez's 2nd and 3rd season placing and have only beaten sides below us in the league, the gap to the top six has massively grown, added to that we have been knocked out of the cups by Southampton at home and Millwall. - This is a resounding Yes.

It's really not looking good lads and there seems to be little sign of it changing. The fact we won away at Cardiff and managed a point against the neighbours seemed to have stopped the rot, but let's be honest, on another day and with a bit more composure the neighbours would have put us away in the first half.

Teams outside top six to have beaten top 6 is :-

Southampton x 2
West Ham
Wolves x 2
Leicester x 2
Bournemouth
Crystal Palace x 2
Newcastle
Brighton
Watford
Burnley

14 teams outside the top 6, 10 have all won against the top 6 on 14 occassions.

4 teams not to win against top 4?

Huddersfield
Fulham
Cardiff
EVERTON.........

Nothing more to be said

His gone in the summer, I think moshiri made his mind up a long time ago.

No point sacking him now with a few games left..

Either a proven European coach or Moyes ( hard work, give him money to bring in quality players) or benitez (a more defensive set up but can bring in a couple of quality midfielders and strikers to create a solid team.
give them money and see what they can do.

None of this young up and coming manager nonsense.

Teams outside top six to have beaten top 6 is :-

Southampton x 2
West Ham
Wolves x 2
Leicester x 2
Bournemouth
Crystal Palace x 2
Newcastle
Brighton
Watford
Burnley

14 teams outside the top 6, 10 have all won against the top 6 on 14 occassions.

4 teams not to win against top 4?

Huddersfield
Fulham
Cardiff
EVERTON.........

Nothing more to be said
Be interesting to see a table against the top HALF teams, never mind the top 6.

I think we seriously have to seriously ask the following questions to get the answer.

1. Are we underperforming?
  2. Have we gone backwards?
1. Are we underperforming - I think we have established that we massively overpaid for some very average footballers, sometimes the transfer fee can heighten the expectation. However, are the players we have a lot worst than we originally believed? Are they not as good as their counterparts at Watford, West Ham, Leicester, Bournemouth and Wolves? Just seems to me that some of these teams just seem a little more organised and have a bit more belief.

2. We are back to Martinez's 2nd and 3rd season placing and have only beaten sides below us in the league, the gap to the top six has massively grown, added to that we have been knocked out of the cups by Southampton at home and Millwall. - This is a resounding Yes.

It's really not looking good lads and there seems to be little sign of it changing. The fact we won away at Cardiff and managed a point against the neighbours seemed to have stopped the rot, but let's be honest, on another day and with a bit more composure the neighbours would have put us away in the first half.

Gone back to square one after beaten by a below average team after taking a two goal lead with about 25 mins to go.

I never understood why people thought Silva would be a great manager, because I never really saw any evidence of it (not saying he won't be). I think he went on a good run for a while, and media hype did the rest.

That said, I'm willing to give him a chance, as it's ludicrous to keep changing managers all the time, unless we really have something special lined up this time.

Silva's brought some players in that I actually really like (Bernard) and yesterday was clearly a game of two halves, the first of which I thought we showed capability, and talent's, way beyond what we have displayed this season (post Liverpool).

Let's be honest we were all made up at half time, and genuinely asking ourselves is this really Everton? That does suggest there is a good team, and perhaps manager in there somewhere, or I am at least willing to wait and see...

We have Silva because we sacked the guy, who replaced the guy, who we sacked to replace the other guy we sacked with! Got to come a point where we say, lets just see where some stability, and continuity will take us (down lol).

On the other hand though, I really am not sure if I can bear to watch another season of some of the football we have produced this season! More than anything the football has just been boring to watch!

If it's really just a confidence problem, then I do think the situation can still be reversed.

I also don't think you can really blame him completely for that capitulation yesterday, as it is not really the managers fault that the team has no F#ing composure/confidence whatsoever. There's something wrong with this team psychologically I think!

I do think Pickford unsettles the defence/team. He unsettles me watching him, so god only knows what it is like for the defenders/team.

Pickford's problem is an inability to stay calm, which is really something he's going to have to work on, or else he won't make it at the top level. No shame in that, as lets be fair, football wise the lad can proudly say his life has been a huge success, I just think he's in danger of succumbing to Francis Jeffers syndrome. As with the team itself how do you teach someone composure?

Some players just can't deal with the pressure of what football has become, and to be honest, if I had Pickford's talent I'm not sure I'd be able to either. It's so ironic that players who succeed to the extent that premiership footballers have done, still have to constantly listen to how 'c*ap' they are from fickle armchair critics like me, who do not possess a fraction of their talent!

As far as I can see though, going on past performance getting rid of Silva now, is no less of a risk than keeping him would be.

I still don't understand on what credentials we recruited him in the first place! Someone wrote an article in the guardian about a young 'up and coming' manager?

You clearly aren't as alarmed by our sustained relegation form as you should be. There is another thread for suggesting new managers, but I will maintain my belief that if Watford are capable of upgrading on Silva mid-season, then so are we.

I'm alarmed but also immune to shocks and numbed by the last 4 years and last 20. When I had loads of time on my hand to enjoy football, I had Mike Walker, howard Kendall #3 and Walter Smith to support.

So i'm playing the long game. If I see a couple of trophies before I die i think i'll be ok.

But this is becoming more like a session on the couch with a psychiatrist...I think i'll just switch off for 5 days to preserve sanity!

Status
Not open for further replies.