Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are grossly underestimating how good they are. They’ve lost once all season and were in the CL final last season. They looked poor at times because our good performance made them look poor. That doesn’t equate to ‘they were there for the taking’. We raised our level and it was enough to put one of the best teams in Europe off their game. It does not mean there was another level for us to go to where we just rampage through Liverpool in a manner that no domestic team has done this season. That is pure fanstasy. They’ve paid out world record fees for some top players whilst we had a kid from Sheffield United playing upfront. Silva has invited deserved criticism this season but he deserves credit for the two derby performances. A world away from anything produced under Koeman Allardyce or Martinez (the 3-3 aside).

People are grossly underestimating how good they are. They’ve lost once all season and were in the CL final last season. They looked poor at times because our good performance made them look poor. That doesn’t equate to ‘they were there for the taking’. We raised our level and it was enough to put one of the best teams in Europe off their game. It does not mean there was another level for us to go to where we just rampage through Liverpool in a manner that no domestic team has done this season. That is pure fanstasy. They’ve paid out world record fees for some top players whilst we had a kid from Sheffield United playing upfront. Silva has invited deserved criticism this season but he deserves credit for the two derby performances. A world away from anything produced under Koeman Allardyce or Martinez (the 3-3 aside).
wise words my friend...

I posted earlier about the claim that Everton celebrated a 0-0 draw. I've got LFC TV on my subscription and Aldridge and Molby looked like
they were going to cry on Match Reaction. They harped on about the goals they missed and said they should have won. No mention of Everton's near misses.

There was extensive footage of the players and managers hugging on the ground after the whistle and not one Everton man had a smile on his face, so
who was celebrating? I'm fed up with drawing this derby. It's better than losing, but I'm not celebrating.

Please don’t take this the wrong way Jeff, but why the wotsit have you got LFC TV on your subscription? Do you actually pay for it??

I really enjoyed that. I came away from Goodison with a smile on my face, as most Blues did. I celebrated the result, thought it was brilliant for us and for what it hopefully does to them.0-0 home , 1-0 to a freak goal at Anfield, nothing between the teams in both games. They obviously have done well this season but we didn't see it, they were nothing in comparison to Spurs.

A great atmosphere Marco and a few players said what it meant to the team , so it is up to us to get behind them like that every game COYB

Yeah, completely agree mate - if the positions were reversed and they put a massive dent in us potentially winning the league, I'm sure their fans would just sit in disinterested silence.

o_O
Did I say sit in silence? No I didn't. Did I say we shouldn't be happy? No I didn't. Am I happy we put a dent in their title challenge. Of course I am. But the celebrating was over the top when we drew and still haven't beat them since 2010.

They're very good defensively and dogged in midfield. They've been nowhere near as potent up front this season. They lack any creativity in midfield and are totally reliant on the 3 upfront being able to swarm the opposition defence or out pacing defenders one on one. City are winning games 1-0 and digging it out as they've got enough quality in every position. City are one of the best sides in Europe, the RS aren't, they're just really hard to beat.

"State of them Blues celebrating a draw "

Status
Not open for further replies.