Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I wouldn't have him playing up against him like a target man. I'd have in false 9. Not point fighting with vvd. Drop in the pocket and hopefully he can pick something up on the edge of a box from a clearance or cut back.

I defo get the logic, but I just don’t see him getting any joy through the middle. Matip and Fabinho having a stroll so far, so one of them would always pick him up, no danger.

Keep DCL occupying their main man and cause chaos with fluid movement around him.

End of the day, we’ll probably stick with Walcott until the 80th minute and do neither so I’m defo not about to argue!!!

...settle for that but it looks a matter of time unless we can be braver on the ball. We need to be better in possession, I think Gomes has to be introduced.

Walcott seems void of threat, he’s usually capable when he gets beyond his full back but not at this point in time.

I don’t get the shouts for Gomes. He needs time and space which is exactly what we don’t have. He’d be a massive passenger in this game, IMO.

Sur don't watch it so.

Too long in the tooth and Everton is too ingrained in the system to just stop, as much as I hate us in the premier league. So yes I will watch it and I will vent on here if that's cool with you. Can't afford to travel to games these days and I'm not even that bothered anymore, feel sorry for paying fans watching these losers week after week.

So much for making this a bear pit. Flat atmosphere. Players aren’t helping.

Sky doing their best to say it was “frantic” and “frenetic”..... it was bisto-ball.

One clear cut chance all game and they should be 1 nil up. We have offered nothing, can’t get a foot on the ball in midfield.

Matter of time.

How can you get an atmosphere going when you never have the ball? You look at the history of brilliant atmosphere in English football and it's always from fans whose team are on the front foot.

Had a big family argument during the 1st half and didn’t watch it and it’s 0-0

Should we continue said argument to continue to a perseved success?

Very confused here..don’t want to jinx it???

....what goes on your living room has no bearing on the outcome of a football match. Patch things up.

They won't have had an easier half all season, he got the better of matip once but other than that he's been like a dog chasing a bone
yeah because it's just DCL up on his own, He's doing decent, Bernard and Walcott are offering naff all but to discredit that due to DCL is below the belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.