Atmosphere at home games........

Status
Not open for further replies.

The negative atmosphere at Goodison does have a hugely detrimental effect on the players. I plAyed in the Ryman League many years ago and I found that poor atmospheres and/or abuse from your own fans does have an impact.

Sit down lad ive paid for a seat.

You know, I havent been to goodison as you can tell from my name. And I'm one who likes to stand. The same thing goes on at the American football teams stadium I go to. When I go to other sporting events I feel obliged to sit because I'm not there as much.

However, when I'm at my American football teams game, I stand. Barring they're disabled or some other circumstances, which has never happened. When they tell me they paid for their seat, I tell them I've paid for mine too... and it extends from the floor to the sky.

If you can't stand for 2 or 3 hours, or are to lazy too, buy front row tickets or shut up.

The negative atmosphere at Goodison does have a hugely detrimental effect on the players. I plAyed in the Ryman League many years ago and I found that poor atmospheres and/or abuse from your own fans does have an impact.

Please dont do this... don't even compare that to Goodison, the players who play at that level to premeir league players. I had to research it, I'm sure you were a good player in the grand scheme of things, but I'm pretty sure I've played in front of comparable crowds if not larger in America. And if you're worth anything, it doesn't matter.

Now on a goodison scale, I can see that being possibly unnerving if you don't have the right mind set. You have not only fans, but fan media and professionals slamming you. Outside speculation. Totally different.

And you know what would make the atmophere better almost instantly? A team full of players who actually try. Just look at the Man City game, everyone there knew we were gonna lose but because the players showed fight right from kick-off the fans stuck with them and backed them throughout. The team don't do that 99% of the time though.

When you have a team full of disinterested cowards who lie down for a humping most weeks nobody can be surprised when that leaves the fans utterly deflated and beaten before kick-off. Yes the atmosphere needs to improve but if I'm expected to sympathise with a team full of multi-millionaires who can't bring themselves to at least be professional for the club that's paying them silly money, because the nasty crowd (who are paying at least £40 per ticket for that one game) sometimes say mean things to them and don't sing enough, then im afraid that's out of the question.

Fly into them from the off, put Mo Salad six foot into the air in the first two minutes to get them enraged, and watch the old lady roar! Our home crowd genuinely need to see a full on criminal assault take place on the pitch before they get their blood up, so on of them (maybe Jags if he plays) has to volley one of the three finger inbreeds up into the stands to wake the house up! Done get me wrong they will still hump us, but I do want to see Klopp go into meltdown as we enjoy our World Cup final by smashing his brave boys all over the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.