Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commenly considered he's past it?

He won 3 trophies in 2 1/2 seasons at Utd mate.

Same clowns who claim Wenger is past it despite those 3 FA Cups in how many years?

Wish we had one of these so called past it managers. But no we have these young hipster tika taka geniuses in Martinez and Silva who deliver us trendy 11th league finishes, no cups and laughable defensive calamities every season.

Yeah it's a widely held opinion that his management style and tactics are now dated.

Even if he'd consider taking the reigns at Everton, it might be the worst move we could possibly make.

It's not toxic let's be honest, there's no in fighting within the squad or behind the scenes

Absolutely zero evidence that infighting would occur.

Said for a while its different managing ego's of players like Hazard, David Luiz, Pogba, Sanchez and Rom to those of players like Keane, Digne, Pickford and Richarlison.

Our players I imagine would be star struck being managed by such a big named coach and would know that no one bigger would ever take the gig on.

Our players also seem to play better under a hardened manager (Royle, Moyes, Alladyce) than a young hipster type who blows smoke up the players arses and are their best mate (Martinez, Silva).

Yeah it's a widely held opinion that his management style and tactics are now dated.

Even if he'd consider taking the reigns at Everton, it might be the worst move we could possibly make.

But we aint challenging for the league mate.

If you want 7th guaranteed, winning more games than losing, actually competing in the cup competitions and a realistic crack at the top 6 then Mourinho is easily capable of providing that.

Absolutely zero evidence that infighting would occur.

Said for a while its different managing ego's of players like Hazard, David Luiz, Pogba, Sanchez and Rom to those of players like Keane, Digne, Pickford and Richarlison.

Our players I imagine would be star struck being managed by such a big named coach and would know that no one bigger would ever take the gig on.

Our players also seem to play better under a hardened manager (Royle, Moyes, Alladyce) than a young hipster type who blows smoke up the players arses and are their best mate (Martinez, Silva).

2 of those 'hardened' managers had respect because they were disciplined without being me me me, like Allardyce and Mourinho.That for me is why Big Joe should have been interim instead of Unsy when we booted Koeman out last season, he would have instilled the discipline and got the respect to get the players playing well, we might have even stayed in Europe because of it

2 of those 'hardened' managers had respect because they were disciplined without being me me me, like Allardyce and Mourinho.That for me is why Big Joe should have been interim instead of Unsy when we booted Koeman out last season, he would have instilled the discipline and got the respect to get the players playing well, we might have even stayed in Europe because of it

I agree on Royle mate however lets face it Mourinho would be the best manager all of our squad will have and will ever play under if he rocked up here.

After the last God knows seasons of crap managers and underperforming players, he would be the best thing to happen to this club since 95.

Would it last forever? Probably not but if it gave us 2-3 seasons of european football, a few days out at wembley and even a trophy win before the fall out I would take that 110% over the current plight of no trophies, a nicey nice mid table manager and being 3 points away from 13th in the table.

You mean like when he won the CL with Porto?
Fair point.....to a point.
That was 15 years ago, the game is completely different now. Player cost/wages and power has gone through the roof and Jose didn't adjust accordingly to it. That's why he failed 2nd Stint and Chelsea and Man U (failed in terms of on field quality and in how to control those players)
In that 2004 run Porto lost and drew with Real with the only big name win was against Man U at home and just squeezed through by a late equaliser in the return fixture. Plus they had some quality players AND won their own league. So a level or 4 above where he would have to start with us

But we aint challenging for the league mate.

If you want 7th guaranteed, winning more games than losing, actually competing in the cup competitions and a realistic crack at the top 6 then Mourinho is easily capable of providing that.

no no no. More young unproven good looking 'progressive' managers please. My rampant homosexuality must be fed.

Status
Not open for further replies.