Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should Chelsea worry more? The cost of them players is comparatively small, hardly gonna be financial implications for such smallish fees and they’re getting loan fees too. Not saying I agree with it, but FFP is hardly gonna sit up and take notice of it.

Youre right in that respect,couldn't agree more re FFP,but the whole business of stockpiling players needs looking at Around 50 players are involved,most of whom are losing the chance of a decent career elsewhere unless Chelsea get shut of them.

Youre right in that respect,couldn't agree more re FFP,but the whole business of stockpiling players needs looking at Around 50 players are involved,most of whom are losing the chance of a decent career elsewhere unless Chelsea get shut of them.

They're not exactly losing the chance of a decent career elsewhere though. They're at a Premier a league club being loaned out which is a great shop window. They're not being hijacked and held against their wishes. They knew the score when they went. Unless Chelsea get shut of them? They can always get a move themselves if they've had enough.
If you can't agree more, re FFP, why do you say Chelsea should be worried more than City and use the loan players as a reason for it?

They're not exactly losing the chance of a decent career elsewhere though. They're at a Premier a league club being loaned out which is a great shop window. They're not being hijacked and held against their wishes. They knew the score when they went. Unless Chelsea get shut of them? They can always get a move themselves if they've had enough.
If you can't agree more, re FFP, why do you say Chelsea should be worried more than City and use the loan players as a reason for it?

Its called an opinion, buddy. Take it easy.

I’m at a loss to what your opinion is though. First you say Chelsea should be more worried than City about FFP because of all the loanees, I disagree and you say I’m right and you couldn’t agree more!

It’s pretty obvious the point he’s making. The way FFP operates, it is unlikely Chelsea will technically be in breach of it, however the situation still needs looking at because it is ethically very dubious to stockpile players.

It’s pretty obvious the point he’s making. The way FFP operates, it is unlikely Chelsea will technically be in breach of it, however the situation still needs looking at because it is ethically very dubious to stockpile players.

It’s not obvious, 1st he says they should be more worried than City and then says he agrees with me. If he wouldn’t have brought FFP into it.................
Anyway, they’re not doing anything wrong, we could do it if we wanted. We’re not ethical either, nor is any club. I don’t particularly like it but why is it ethically wrong anyway? Again, they’re not kidnapping the players, they’re not forced into it, they’re probably getting good contracts. They are just taking a gamble on a lot of players hoping some will come good and probably making a profit when they don’t. They’re just doing what most clubs do but on a bigger scale. Arguably, they are giving kids a platform and assisting them for their future careers. Ethically, that’s good.
I do think the loan system needs changing a little though, maybe have an age limit on it, say u21, as it should be used to improve younger players. A lot of the time, the older players going on loan is because clubs give them big contracts and realise they shouldn’t have and loan them out to Lower the wage bill. Maybe they shouldn’t have give them that contract in the 1st place.
I had more of a problem with City when they 1st came into the money, they bought players to improve them, giving them big contracts, when they moved up a notch and outgrew said players, they were left on big contracts, experienced internationals, and sent on loan. If a club gives out such big contracts, they’ve entered into that, and they should be left with it. The loan system enables clubs to give stupid wages knowing they have a get out if it doesn’t work out. Clubs may be a bit more careful about throwing big wages around just to stop other clubs. Like us with Sandro as an example, he’s not gonna leave because we give him silly wages to keep him away from other clubs, maybe if we couldn’t loan him out we might have thought twice about giving him that wage to begin with and he might have thought twice about his career instead of money. And if we were still willing to give him that wage that’s our fault. We give him more wages to to keep out of other clubs grasp. The loan system as it works now, promotes greed and inflates fees and wages for me and should only be used for players of a certain age.

The dream is over, least we still have Moshiri who knows what he is doing.
Usmanov will want Moshiri at ac Milan to cook the books

It's my only hope that this useless arsenal fan will leave us, and we might get a buyer who knows what they are doing

It’s not obvious, 1st he says they should be more worried than City and then says he agrees with me. If he wouldn’t have brought FFP into it.................
Anyway, they’re not doing anything wrong, we could do it if we wanted. We’re not ethical either, nor is any club. I don’t particularly like it but why is it ethically wrong anyway? Again, they’re not kidnapping the players, they’re not forced into it, they’re probably getting good contracts. They are just taking a gamble on a lot of players hoping some will come good and probably making a profit when they don’t. They’re just doing what most clubs do but on a bigger scale. Arguably, they are giving kids a platform and assisting them for their future careers. Ethically, that’s good.
I do think the loan system needs changing a little though, maybe have an age limit on it, say u21, as it should be used to improve younger players. A lot of the time, the older players going on loan is because clubs give them big contracts and realise they shouldn’t have and loan them out to Lower the wage bill. Maybe they shouldn’t have give them that contract in the 1st place.
I had more of a problem with City when they 1st came into the money, they bought players to improve them, giving them big contracts, when they moved up a notch and outgrew said players, they were left on big contracts, experienced internationals, and sent on loan. If a club gives out such big contracts, they’ve entered into that, and they should be left with it. The loan system enables clubs to give stupid wages knowing they have a get out if it doesn’t work out. Clubs may be a bit more careful about throwing big wages around just to stop other clubs. Like us with Sandro as an example, he’s not gonna leave because we give him silly wages to keep him away from other clubs, maybe if we couldn’t loan him out we might have thought twice about giving him that wage to begin with and he might have thought twice about his career instead of money. And if we were still willing to give him that wage that’s our fault. We give him more wages to to keep out of other clubs grasp. The loan system as it works now, promotes greed and inflates fees and wages for me and should only be used for players of a certain age.

Tl;dr

I am curious to know what Usmanov has done in/for football apart from making hundrerds of millions out of an investment in Arsenal ?

I hope he does invest in Everton but he is being portrayed as some kind of football guru whereas the reality is that he was a minority investor with no say in the running of Arsenal.

I am curious to know what Usmanov has done in/for football apart from making hundrerds of millions out of an investment in Arsenal ?

I hope he does invest in Everton but he is being portrayed as some kind of football guru whereas the reality is that he was a minority investor with no say in the running of Arsenal.

I would say being an Oligarch his ego would take too much a bruising if he was owner of a side sat in 12th making up the numbers.

Look at him throwing £1 billion bids at Kroenke to try buy him out.

Make no mistake if he came on board there would be no more "expected losses" or mid table manager appointments.

He would want the best and go out and get them.

THAT is what this club needs. Just pray he's here should BMD go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.