Digne/
Chilwell

Gomes/Tielemans
Gana/Ndidi
Sigurdsson/Maddison

Walcott/Gray
Rich/Vardy
Bernard/Barnes

Yeah sorry man, I actually didn't see your Bold type before I replied... But agreed, on your basis, you'd take 7 of their 11 over ours! Not sure I fully agree with your choices, and that doesn't matter, but confirms my original question as to who has the better squad!

Lads, sorry if there is a similar thread...

But on paper, do the 'mighty' Leicester have a better team than us?

I wouldn't say no to Maguire, and think we should've signed him ahead of Keane, I wouldn't say no to Maddison, and think we should've signed him ahead of Klasson, and I wouldn't say no to Vardy, who is the Lukaku we never replaced... But yet, they're no better than us... However, my question, unfortunately at this moment, is are we actually a better team on paper, than them?
Why are you comparing us to Leicester?

Lads, sorry if there is a similar thread...

But on paper, do the 'mighty' Leicester have a better team than us?

I wouldn't say no to Maguire, and think we should've signed him ahead of Keane, I wouldn't say no to Maddison, and think we should've signed him ahead of Klasson, and I wouldn't say no to Vardy, who is the Lukaku we never replaced... But yet, they're no better than us... However, my question, unfortunately at this moment, is are we actually a better team on paper, than them?

No. On paper we are 7th. And people finding excuses to defend Silva. So now Wolves, Leicester and West Ham etc have better squads than us. It’s not Silva’s faults then? Great it’s not Martinez’s fault for not able to setup a proper defence.

No. On paper we are 7th. And people finding excuses to defend Silva. So now Wolves, Leicester and West Ham etc have better squads than us. It’s not Silva’s faults then? Great it’s not Martinez’s fault for not able to setup a proper defence.

As well as that 9 wins and 12 defeats, in the league.We can't even achieve more wins over defeats, under Silva.But when you hire mediocre managers, then mediocre results will usually and inevitably follow.

Last edited:
As well as that 9 wins and 12 defeats, in the league.We can't even achieve more wins over defeats, under Silva.But when you hire mediocre managers, then mediocre results will usually follow.

That’s why some fans assert that we must get a proven winner as the next manager not unknown gamble any longer who has poor records and relegated his club in the past.

But I honestly dont think we are the 7th best team in the league, based on what ive seen this season I think Wolves and Watford are certainly better, Leicester and West Ham we are probably equal with.

Thats not excusing Silva, a good manager should overcome small margins.

But I think a degree of reality is needed by some, we have wasted a vast sum of money on some very bad and average players, we dont have a proper midfielder or a Striker worthy of the name.

And of course we do currently have a VERY bad manager, but honestly I personally would probably take Wolves and Watfords squad above ours.

Why are you comparing us to Leicester?

Because they are also under achieving with the squad they have... And I'm asking if we have a better squad than them? And if not, does that explain why we're having such a mediocre season? When on paper, we can't compete with the likes of Leicester... Who I think have actually invested in better players, yet are our current rivals in terms of league positioning... Who's squad would you prefer?

Outside the top six all the teams are pretty much of a muchness if truth be told.
Wolves are best of the rest I'd say but they've got some problems at the back.

I'm glad you posted this @Pab Laa, this question has been burning in the back of my mind too. Needs a poll though for a definitive answer so we can all move on and get some sleep again.

Pickford/Schmeichal - Don’t really rate either

Coleman/Pereira
Keane/Maguire
Zouma/Evans
Digne/
Chilwell

Gomes/Tielemans
Gana/Ndidi
Sigurdsson/Maddison

Walcott/Gray
Rich/Vardy
Bernard/Barnes
I can't argue with 10 of the Leicester players being better than what we have, I'm not sure about Pereira as I haven't seen enough of him, Though
I think that Douglas Bader would have been more help than Coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.