Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE DON'T HAVE A GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO BE ABOVE THOSE TEAMS JUST BECAUSE OUR NAME IS EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB AND THEY SHOULD BOW TO US

I agree mate same as Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool dont have a God given right to be above us. But do you really think their owners and fanbase would accept clubs like Everton being 10 points above them in the table for 1-2 seasons whilst they edge towards 11/12th spot?

Thats the problem mate the ownership and fanbase dont care so long as we are not relegated. No ambition to finish as high as possible, no ambition to see us play in europe, no ambition for days out at Wembley and no ambition to end the trophy drought.

The fans that do care and speak out are then labelled cry arses and deluded for expecting a football club of this size to be atleast semi competitive.

I agree mate same as Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool dont have a God given right to be above us. But do you really think their owners and fanbase would accept clubs like Everton being 10 points above them in the table for 1-2 seasons whilst they edge towards 11/12th spot?

Thats the problem mate the ownership and fanbase dont care so long as we are not relegated. No ambition to finish as high as possible, no ambition to see us play in europe, no ambition for days out at Wembley and no ambition to end the trophy drought.

The fans that do care and speak out are then labelled cry arses and deluded for expecting a football club of this size to be atleast semi competitive.
THATS THE PROBLEM WITH THESE FANS

EY!

NO AMBITION! JUST LIKE THE BOARD!

Thats the problem mate the ownership and fanbase dont care so long as we are not relegated.

This is rubbish, I’m afraid mate.

Our fanbase are frustrated at years of mediocrity and underinvestment. It is insulting to point the finger at them and claim they lack ambition themselves.

If you sit at Goodison and think everyone in there is happy with what we’re being served, then you cant be very perceptive.

As for the fans of the top 6 clubs being more driven than us, that is also nonsense. If you sit through a game at Utd, Anfield or City, you will see that most of their fans are tourists, fair weather supporters and glory hunters who simply like the brand and follow the sniff of success.

They are no more ambitious than us mate, they just support more successful football clubs.

We should be above them though. If we don't have any aspirations then what's the point.
We should aspire to be the best but we should also allow for a realistic timeframe in which we can hope to achieve our aims.
Some people appear to be stuck in 1989, when we had only recently been the best.
Sadly 30 years of constant decline have occurred since then and it will take more than season or two to repair. If ,indeed, it can.

We should aspire to be the best but we should also allow for a realistic timeframe in which we can hope to achieve our aims.
Some people appear to be stuck in 1989, when we had only recently been the best.
Sadly 30 years of constant decline have occurred since then and it will take more than season or two to repair. If ,indeed, it can.
No one is saying we should win the league but I expect us to be above the likes of Watford and Wolves with the money that has been spent. But we have spent it poorly.

No one is saying we should win the league but I expect us to be above the likes of Watford and Wolves with the money that has been spent. But we have spent it poorly.
I don't agree that's it's been spent poorly, what we have done 2 things poorly, not getting in a striker after we sold Lukaku and our hiring of managers, stubborn managers who use stupid formations and tactics and who's own egos won't allow them to change things that are clearly not working, if we had a top manager we'd be a top team.

Brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.