If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conte wouldn't go near us. Mancini won't leave the italian National team for us. Favre, top of the league with Dortmund... Fonseca is the only half reasonable shout there.

I hope this is a wind up
Think it's just a wish list. Everybody says Conte wouldn't go near us,but nobody can read his mind.Would depend on what motivates him.

1. International football is a joke these days and Mancini would double his salary joining us (Koeman and Martinez currently top international managers after failing at us says it all)

2. Favre hasnt won a game in 5 and Apparantely there is a little bit of pressure behind the scenes at Dortmund

Conte I agree is unlikely.

Im just a fan lid im sure Brands has more knowledge of manager's than myself dont worry...

No more than usual, every coach is under pressure. Dortmund are more likely to extend Favre's contract than anything else. He's bought stability back after 2 plus seasons of instability. Plus, he's never seemed interested in coaching in leagues where he can't speak the langauge.

Wasn't he previously strongly linked with the arsenal job ? Could have easily been paper talk though, but if it wasn't they not a bad club to be linked with. I would hope he gets us as a club and knows what he's getting himself into and also he's worked with pep lol

Sarri will be available soon.

he would never come here, but I'd be sashaying 'round the flat for weeks if he did

he cant defend. just like silva. no chance

his sides defend just fine - 29 conceded in 38 in his last year at Napoli (which we last accomplished in 1988).

and under his watch, Koulibaly has become arguably the best defender in Europe.

unlike Silva, he is proven class.

he just needs the right players, and a bit of time - which no side above us in England bar maybe Spurs would allow him

but he'd never need stoop to the level we're currently at

We can no longer attract a decent manger, only journeymen or gambles. We're the new Watford

You say we can longer attract a decent manager, can you tell me when we could?

We have never appointed a top manager in our entire 140 year history.

Ronald Koeman or Walter Smith are the "best" managers we have been able to attract.

Yeah I did laugh when Rafael went to Newcastle actually.

The fact that he has stayed with Newcastle for almost 3 years, even when they went into The championship should tell everybody how low is stock is valued these days.

Hes the only manager I would refuse to attend games we could appoint. Yes im very, very bitter, but a man has got to have some respect for the club they support.

You say we can longer attract a decent manager, can you tell me when we could?

We have never appointed a top manager in our entire 140 year history.

Ronald Koeman or Walter Smith are the "best" managers we have been able to attract.
up until the last few years it was as good a job as you could get outside the big boys which most managers other than the real top coaches would've fancied now not many would touch it if given the chance

up until the last few years it was as good a job as you could get outside the big boys which most managers outside the really top coaches would've fancied now not many would touch it if given the chance

We can defo still appoint the tier 2 managers, we are still stepping stone FC, im just saying we could never and have never appointed a tier 1 manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.