Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can’t afford all the glitzy glamorous signings you all want, that give you a warm fuzzy feeling because we have a lot of crap players on big wages.

Like it or not your club is now a business and if we don’t run it as such we end up like one of the myriad of clubs who have imploded by running themselves into the ground. Some of you need to understand this.

This is pretty much it.

I don't think implosion and relegation is imminent. But we can't afford another summer of spunking money up the wall on players who literally contribute nothing and are deemed surplus to requirements within a year of joining.

We've got players like Sandro, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Tosun who are all not going to feature long term. Only really Tosun has a genuine chance of playing for Everton again. On transfer fees and wages we must have spent 100M to get a combined 100 appearances out of them so far. All 4 will continue to cost 10's of millions a pounds per season to keep them in our reserves. They were all pretty much deemed surplus to requirements within the 1st half go the contract they signed when joining the club.

If we carry on like this then we could become the next Aston Villa. That's a terrifying thought on many levels.

What I'd say to our fans is that it's going to be a long build to get this squad sorted and get some of the deadwood cleared. It's going to need a huge amount of patience, and in some cases luck, to shift certain players before their contract ends. In the meantime, talk of us buying Wan Bissaka, Alexis Sanchez, Romelu Lukaku etc.. is pure fantasy. We won't be buying anyone for a big fee. And we certainly shouldn't be buying people on the wages of the likes of Alexis Sanchez or Romelu Lukaku.

This is pretty much it.

I don't think implosion and relegation is imminent. But we can't afford another summer of spunking money up the wall on players who literally contribute nothing and are deemed surplus to requirements within a year of joining.

We've got players like Sandro, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Tosun who are all not going to feature long term. Only really Tosun has a genuine chance of playing for Everton again. On transfer fees and wages we must have spent 100M to get a combined 100 appearances out of them so far. All 4 will continue to cost 10's of millions a pounds per season to keep them in our reserves. They were all pretty much deemed surplus to requirements within the 1st half go the contract they signed when joining the club.

If we carry on like this then we could become the next Aston Villa. That's a terrifying thought on many levels.

What I'd say to our fans is that it's going to be a long build to get this squad sorted and get some of the deadwood cleared. It's going to need a huge amount of patience, and in some cases luck, to shift certain players before their contract ends. In the meantime, talk of us buying Wan Bissaka, Alexis Sanchez, Romelu Lukaku etc.. is pure fantasy. We won't be buying anyone for a big fee. And we certainly shouldn't be buying people on the wages of the likes of Alexis Sanchez or Romelu Lukaku.
Didn’t Moshiri say at the AGM we could sign players for big fees. His idea of a big fee could be 30/40mil maybe your idea is more.

But we will sign younger players on lower wages. To come out and say we won’t be buying anyone for a big fee is stupid. As like me you haven’t a clue what will happen in the summer.

And as fir the villa comparison, more negative rubbish. Villa spent a fortune under O’Neil. In the days when only 4/5 team where spending the rest of the league didn’t have a pot to piss in. Take away the top 6 and look what us, Bournemouth, Leicester, West Ham, wolves have spent over the last few years. Even Fulham spent a 100mil last summer. Totally different ball game than it was 13/14 years ago.

Villa failed to get champions league football, learner pulled the plug and that was that. They were forced to sell players and buy cheap players, free transfers, gambles from abroad. That won’t be happening at Everton.

Surprised you don't view CM as a position needing urgent improvement.

Robert Skov's stats are insane. I notice he has no senior international caps though - who or what, other than Eriksen, is stopping him getting caps?
Sorry for late answer.
The fact that the Danish national team has other good options on the wing: Poulsen who is destroying the Bundesliga currently, and Sisto who plays at a high level in Spain. The Danish Superliga is not particularly good and so Skov has only seen tough competition occasionally in Europa League, and the Danish coach prefers more experienced players. He would be a great investment for us. Oh and might i add that he’s scored 7 direct freekicks this season.

Didn’t write CM because i assumed we would sign Gomes.

Ha ha maybe it can't all be done in the summer. But that's the job at hand over the next few windows. I would say midfield and striker are the key positions for me and a central defensive leader, I don't think we will be buying Zouma.
Its doable but like with any side if you throw in 5-6 new players it will take them time to gel and the fans will turn on them after 2 months when they are not 1970 Brazil.

Vicious cycle really.

Its doable but like with any side if you throw in 5-6 new players it will take them time to gel and the fans will turn on them after 2 months when they are not 1970 Brazil.

Vicious cycle really.

Not really, but they will turn if they are defending like my local 1970 team

I’d be willing to take Christensen on loan for next season. Kids a modern center back with heaps more potential than Zouma and looks to be nowhere near the starting line up for Sarri

Status
Not open for further replies.