New Everton Stadium Discussion

If theres any truth in all this, it makes total sense, Spurs have seen costs spiral out of control and are looking at a bill close to 850m.

The smart move would be to hang fire a little and have a clearer vision, but sadly outside forces, such as a toxic fanbase mean it will probably be rushed and corners cut, which is a shame, but it is what it is.

As it is 500m was always on the short side for a Stadium in the location it is and if they had any sense they would probably just move to Stonecross and build a bigger stadium for 250m in the middle of wasteland!

If theres any truth in all this, it makes total sense, Spurs have seen costs spiral out of control and are looking at a bill close to 850m.

The smart move would be to hang fire a little and have a clearer vision, but sadly outside forces, such as a toxic fanbase mean it will probably be rushed and corners cut, which is a shame, but it is what it is.

As it is 500m was always on the short side for a Stadium in the location it is and if they had any sense they would probably just move to Stonecross and build a bigger stadium for 250m in the middle of wasteland!

Toxic fan base making the rush and cut corners..

Oh mate..

The more I look at the leaked design, the more I like it, looks basically the same as the leak from 2 years ago, but I liked it then too. It looks like a football stadium. Sure there are things I wish it had, yes I wish it were a little bigger, but it looks great. Also I think the experience will be great. Just look how close the fans will be to the pitch, I think it can create an amazing atmosphere. Just hope we don't get major delays and we are there in 4 years time

The Main Stand is nowhere near the height of St Lukes version. Doubt other stands will be either. Not going to be as impressive or intimidating as promised. Over promising & under delivering is a cardinal sin where football supporters are concerned

You say this like you expected something other from the club, how long have you been supporting us:hayee:

The Main Stand is nowhere near the height of St Lukes version. Doubt other stands will be either. Not going to be as impressive or intimidating as promised. Over promising & under delivering is a cardinal sin where football supporters are concerned

I've seen a few people mention this regarding the stand being way smaller.

I can't say I've noticed but if anyone can remember what page those renderings were on from the Meis workshop we should try and repost them again so we can check

I've just found original images as they were in the Dan Meis workshop thread and yes the main stand is definitely a lot smaller than original plans. The top tier of the main stand is about 25% smaller than from the workshop.

I guess that's why they are just guides to show us though

The scale of the stadium would have been clipped during the club's negotiations with UNESCO last summer in New York. The city's WHS was on the line and UNESCO wouldn't wear a stadium that has huge height or deviates too greatly from what's around it. The capacity and aesthetic takes a huge hit through that alone. The club are working within all this.

I've just found original images as they were in the Dan Meis workshop thread and yes the main stand is definitely a lot smaller than original plans. The top tier of the main stand is about 25% smaller than from the workshop.

I guess that's why they are just guides to show us though
Yeah, I just took a look at the @EFCNewStadium twitter feed, and the plans from last year were similar, but more impressive. Its a shame that there has had to be compromise, for whatever reason.

The scale of the stadium would have been clipped during the club's negotiations with UNESCO last summer in New York. The city's WHS was on the line and UNESCO wouldn't wear a stadium that has huge height or deviates too greatly from what's around it. The capacity and aesthetic takes a huge hit through that alone. The club are working within all this.

So how do the proposed Cruise Liner & IOM Ferry Terminals fit in with the surrounding area. Or is it just Everton UNESCO have it in for?