New Everton Stadium Discussion

State of the thread...all the closet kopites and doomongers heads wobbling....:rolleyes:
I love the way people slate the leaked design. Even if it turned out to be the actual design, it is still infinitely better than most other premier league stadiums.

Goodison park might be our home but with our cladding, it is the definition of a turd roled in glitter. I can't go the game any more because I'm too tall and don't fit in the bloody seats!

To be fair the inside of the spurs stadium is great.. I don't mean the seat I mean the bars etc. If we get anywhere near that I will be impressed.

Public consultation has already been done

Designs to be released in the summer

The owner saying on record that we've started the process so we'll finish it

Land purchased to build the ground on

Moshiri (and Usmanov/USM) would have not come near EFC if BMD wasn't going ahead. You do not make money buying Everton FC if they do not move from Goodison Park its as simple as that.

Too much invested in not just the stadium but the liverpool waters project in general for it to not go ahead. Too many rich men will be made much richer once the development is underway and the stadium is very much a big part of starting the regeneration.

Im critical of Moshiri's decision making in terms of managers at the club however he puts his money where his mouth is - that can not be argued.

Land has not been purchased mate. We have arranged a lease with the council for the space but it will never be ours so to speak. Plus it's not even land yet it's water!!

Not sure how much money moshiri has put in it either. He's supposed to be a billionaire but is relying on council loans and investment from the private sector to get it going.

For me that's another reason to be critical of moshiri for.

Land has not been purchased mate. We have arranged a lease with the council for the space but it will never be ours so to speak. Plus it's not even land yet it's water!!

Not sure how much money moshiri has put in it either. He's supposed to be a billionaire but is relying on council loans and investment from the private sector to get it going.

Not one owner spends there own money on a new ground mate.

Spurs
West Ham
Man City
Arsenal

4 clubs with new grounds none have been paid for by the clubs owner.

As I've said if BMD wasn't going ahead Moshiri wouldn't be here and certainly wouldn't have increased his share holding from 49.9% to over 65% considering he's spent over £250 million already. No new ground = money down the drain.

As I see it, he see's us as a vehicle to get even richer, but he won risk his Own wealth on us..

It's Bank loans and outside investment.

People will say he has ploughed 100s of millions in already. He might have put some in but nowhere near amounts mentioned.