New Everton Stadium Discussion

Based on what?

Public consultation has already been done

Designs to be released in the summer

The owner saying on record that we've started the process so we'll finish it

Land purchased to build the ground on

Moshiri (and Usmanov/USM) would have not come near EFC if BMD wasn't going ahead. You do not make money buying Everton FC if they do not move from Goodison Park its as simple as that.

Too much invested in not just the stadium but the liverpool waters project in general for it to not go ahead. Too many rich men will be made much richer once the development is underway and the stadium is very much a big part of starting the regeneration.

Im critical of Moshiri's decision making in terms of managers at the club however he puts his money where his mouth is - that can not be argued.

We’ll be in the stadium after Bramley Moore before we win anything.
Maybe Liverpool will offer Anfield back to us after they become a superpower once again after winning the title this season and thus needing a far bigger and better stadium.

I need some written proof of a Moshiri quote saying we have all the money for this build..

@davek did you know funding is 100% in place??

Speaking at the club’s AGM at Liverpool’s Philharmonic Hall, Ryazantsev said:

“We are having very advanced discussions now with financial institutions which are encouraging. The money will be available.”

Farhad Moshiri was equally bullish about the stadium plans and the club’s future in general.

“A new stadium is a necessity. We don’t have a choice. We don’t have a plan B or C.

”It is extremely expensive. It will cost us £100m more than other sites but it is like Mastermind. We have started so we will finish.

”I have spent £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit, we will complete the stadium. We will raise £350m through the city, the naming rights will be some more. There is an equity gap of £100m. This club is sufficiently robust to see this project through.

”If we want a big club we need a modern stadium.”

Speaking at the club’s AGM at Liverpool’s Philharmonic Hall, Ryazantsev said:

Farhad Moshiri was equally bullish about the stadium plans and the club’s future in general.

“A new stadium is a necessity. We don’t have a choice. We don’t have a plan B or C.

”It is extremely expensive. It will cost us £100m more than other sites but it is like Mastermind. We have started so we will finish.

”I have spent £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit, we will complete the stadium. We will raise £350m through the city, the naming rights will be some more. There is an equity gap of £100m. This club is sufficiently robust to see this project through.

”If we want a big club we need a modern stadium.”

Ohhh we are in 'advanced talks' with institutions..

I was right then.

Full funding is yet to be secured.