New Everton Stadium Discussion

I can't wait for the final designs. I think the devil will be in the detail with Meis. Small touches here and there will make it.
Yes agreed,needs a bit of a nod to are history , like incorporate that pattern that is on the bullens rd, street end stands even if it's only cosmetic.
One thing that worries me is being that close to the sea wall, I used to work down there and if you got a spring tide or a storm it floods over there with some force , saying that they will have looked into that I am sure..
Other than that looks pretty good.

Yes agreed,needs a bit of a nod to are history , like incorporate that pattern that is on the bullens rd, street end stands even if it's only cosmetic.
One thing that worries me is being that close to the sea wall, I used to work down there and if you got a spring tide or a storm it floods over there with some force , saying that they will have looked into that I am sure..

We'll line the kopites along the front to act as a barrier.

I definitely think Meis will incorporate our history as much as possible tbh. He'll want as much as a Goodison feel as he can which is important.

Hopefully funding runs smooth now.

I get your point mate - I personally want a completely new stadium. Goodison for me can never be replicated and this should be about moving forward.

Sadly the last few seasons have somewhat tainted GP and the atmosphere doesn't appear to be what it once was.

I just want a brand new shiny stadium that lights the mersey Blue and can be the start of a new era for us.

What I would love if that 'everton' part of the exterior to be a giant screen (like near Queen Square) that loops images of our former glory trophy wins/legend players.

Something like that on a constant loop would certainly catch tourists eyes especially at night.

Having slept on it I'm still underwhelmed but at this stage I'll take any progress.

A few questions do leap out though.

Firstly, are we ever likely to see the south stand with safe standing? There doesn't seem any realistic prospect of anything better than 1:1 seat conversion at a 25 degree angle this side of 2023 unless I've completely misread the public and political debate. So, if the capacity is 52k in the all seater variant presumably we'd be looking a at slightly lower capacity with the 25 degree variant with 1:1 conversion? Would we do that? Also, later conversion back to 32 degrees from 25 degrees doesn't look a quick job that can be done over one summer which makes it questionable whether that would ever occur.

Second, where is the expansion potential promised? Even if 2:1 conversion of seats to standing ever became possible, based on these plans that would only add another 5000. Where would the next 5000 promised fit.

Third, the cross section of the West Stand compared with the other stadiums begs the question as to how much corporate/non match day space is being created. Yes it's an enormous improvement on Goodison but it looks suspiciously like we might be building in a permanent disadvantage against those we want to be competing with. Given the potential of the location that is a touch disappointing.

I'm actually firstly shocked that it's got this far.

Secondly, not having read anyone else's posts on it yet, I'll either be with everyone or people will jump on my back here, BUT

it's slightly underwhelming? Certainly not iconic.

Obviously if they are only the first drafts then ok, but, I dunno.

(Going to read others thoughts now so I'll either get dogs abuse or people will ignore cos it's what everyone's saying hahaha)

It's not going to be iconic. It's not going to be ground-breaking. If it ever gets built it will be done with the end game of existing only. Moshiri is a fraud and I've no faith in any of the people running the club.