New Everton Stadium Discussion

Fantastic designs, with everything the majority of fans are after: steep stands tight to the pitch, a large single-tier home end which is steeper than Spurs', 4-sided and on the banks of the river.

Delighted with this.

The steepness is my main concern. Ive never understood the clamour for it. Its even mentioned there that its too steep for standing, and you need everyone stood in that South Stand to make it the intimating stand fans want.
The general design is close to the best they could have done with the limited space, so id its steep because it has to be for sighline regs then ok, but if its steep for the sake of it then it needs to be made shallower

More thoughts on this document. The TV screens are massive. Not sure why we would want part of the dock wall popping up at one end? The one outside picture we have shows an interior bowl that doesn't match up with the rest of the pictures.
hopefully those exterior pics are just to show a stadium in situ as I think it looks proper turd. Fingers crossed that the big reveal is of a better exterior than that, it looks 80s gash

So basically still gonna be kneecapped when you sit down then

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190215-201239.png
    Screenshot_20190215-201239.png
    242.4 KB · Views: 260

The steepness is my main concern. Ive never understood the clamour for it. Its even mentioned there that its too steep for standing, and you need everyone stood in that South Stand to make it the intimating stand fans want.
The general design is close to the best they could have done with the limited space, so id its steep because it has to be for sighline regs then ok, but if its steep for the sake of it then it needs to be made shallower
Honestly, the steeper the better to watch the game - closer to the pitch, better visual angles. Makes a huge difference.

I've been to a couple of Meis stadiums here in the states - the sightlines at the Linc in Philly are honestly the best I've ever seen. Saw a match there, too, and it was honestly a fantastic place to watch a game. It will be much more intimate than that stadium, but the point I'm making is that Meis knows how to design a stadium that is good for watching an event. No question.

Looks great, and all this soulless bowl nonsense must stop. It's the 50,000 arl arses inside that make an atmosphere, not concrete and steel. It will give everyone a comfortable experience with a good view, whether that's a good thing with the tosh we regularly get served up, who knows.
Goodison has been soulless for many a game as of late, so I am not sure why people are so vehemently against this. No design is perfect, but overall I'm happy!

With regarding to the multi-story parking queries, the external rendering appears to show that it will at least have more than one level above ground.

You'd expect that there would be issues (complexity and financially) with a subterranean design so close to the river, but then there's the whole views issue etc.

Maybe it's just a glorified yet usable wind shield to protect the stadium from gusts that come off the Mersey? We don't want another Stoke and the wind they get.