The case for Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have so much dead wood to get rid it's beyond a joke...

This has to be done to release money to buy...

This will not happen till after this season, then Silva can build his team if he gets the time...

Even if you dont believe the story look at some of the whoppers commenting on this......... Seems to be gathering pace though

https://www.[Publication is blackli...-after-marcelo-bielsa-is-linked-with-everton/

For me, he hasn't played a proper defensive midfielder.
I'd like to see him give it a go.
I'd like to see him do something like this against Cardiff.

We can go on about not replacing Lukaku, stones or even Barkley but the fact is, we've never even replaced Barry.
Yea, Gana is great at passing but isn't great at distribution so it's pointless playing him just in front of the center halves.
He doesnt seem keen on McCarthy or Schneiderlin and he's sent Benny out on loan.
He has to give one of these two a go and I hate to say it but morgan might be the best bet as he can string a pass better than McCarthy or Gana.
I'd also recall Holgate and Play Richarlison on the right in front of him.
Richarlison is better at getting back and covering at right back than lookman.
I'd put Davies at 10 because he works way harder than Siggi and can hold the ball up and find a short pass.
I'd go with Tosun up top because although he's not a great scorer, he at least looks like he bothers defenders.
I'd put Bernard on the left because he cant play anywhere else and when he's good he's very good. He could form a good partnership with Digne.
Against Cardiff, I'd go
--------------Pickford
Holgate, keane, Zouma, Digne
-----------Schneiderlin (or McCarthy)
Richarlison--Gomes (or Gana)--Bernard
--------------Davies
------------------Tosun

I get this post seems more like a game day post but if he made a few simple changes, there'd be a case for Silva in my eyes. He wont tho.
Bring on Bielsa :)
Good grief. I think you would be the only person in the UK who would get worse results out of this team than Silva.

We have so much dead wood to get rid it's beyond a joke...

This has to be done to release money to buy...

This will not happen till after this season, then Silva can build his team if he gets the time...

Easier said than done shifting that dead wood.

Who on earth will pay what we pay Morgan Schneiderlin?! We can’t even loan him out ffs.

Good grief. I think you would be the only person in the UK who would get worse results out of this team than Silva.
why?
You think we'd be overrun in midfield?

I think Koeman and Silva both failed because they didn't find a defensive midfielder with the ability to distribute the ball,
Schneiderlin was very good at this in his first season.
The fact that he's not now is down to management.
I think, if Silva can get him or McCarthy to play that position well, he has a chance.
Obviously, if either are crap, we keep getting battered.

Easier said than done shifting that dead wood.

Who on earth will pay what we pay Morgan Schneiderlin?! We can’t even loan him out ffs.

Yep it will be difficult...

Bolasie,schneidelein,Martina,Niasse,Tosun,Mirallas,Sandro,

For starters...

Holgate is nowhere near good enough for the prem mate.

Gana should be the first name on the team sheet every week - end of.

Toshun and Davies would be the least effective attacking two in premier league history.

Scneiderlin isnt interested in playing football and is a bad influence. He should be anywhere near ther first team.

Bernard is just a luxury we cant afford.

Apart from that nice one.

I disagree, check out the next manager thread. About 20 or 30 listed in there.....

The fact that someone has posted a name on the forum may not mean they're ready and willing to dump the project they're currently embarked on mid-season and frankly, if it does, maybe they're not the right person anyway.

The fact that someone has posted a name on the forum may not mean they're ready and willing to dump the project they're currently embarked on mid-season and frankly, if it does, maybe they're not the right person anyway.

Employed and unemployed, nevertheless if the club doesnt ask the best out there you will never get them!

Those names. Honestly relegate us now. We truly deserve it.

We will be fine...
But we are not a good side, much to do in the transfer market buying & selling going to be so important we get the right players in...

Like Gomes & Zouma would like to keep them both...

Status
Not open for further replies.