Why do people want Duncan Ferguson to replace Silva?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodisonopheliac

Player Valuation: £30m
Yes, I know, Facebook is full of idiots but during Silva's post-match interview, I noticed commenters saying Ferguson should replace him, and his name always comes up whenever we have a crap manager. Why? Do people really think he's going to be like SAF and intimidate the players into winning? He's been under four managers, five if you count Unsworth, all of whom have failed, and if he's such great manager material, how come he never got asked to be caretaker like Unsworth did?

We’ve tried experienced managers, we’ve tried failed managers, we tried foreign managers. All with same outcome. Why not revert to a policy of our most ‘successful’ appointment in Moyes and recruit a young manager learning his craft with the drive and appeal to take the club forward. We could do worse then frank lampard

You keep saying this but what on Earth gives you so much confidence that he has what it takes to get these wetwipes playing?!

Because a massive club like Arsenal thought he was suitable.

He will unite the club on and off the field.

He understands our identity and the importance of competing physically.

But also believes in playing progressive attacking football which he is learning under the best mentor in the world.

It's the long term exciting option.

There is no one in the world who isn't a gamble.

Let's the pick the hungry young manager who has a very high ceiling rather than managers who have experience in the league but have achieved absolutely nothing.

We will regret it when he goes elsewhere.

Perhaps the question the title should be "Why would people want Duncan Ferguson to replace Silva?"

Been here on the coaching staff since the Martinez era and, for me, has done precious little in his alleged role of coaching the forwards.
Where's the improvement we wanted to see in Lukaku, DCL, Tosun, Niasse - there's been very, very little at best.

You keep saying this but what on Earth gives you so much confidence that he has what it takes to get these wetwipes playing?!
Cos he's doing well at City, but then he has a better team and Pep to work with.
Do they lol,he should be out the club when a boss is sacked for me,not seem like he has a Job for life at us no matter who the boss is
I always loved him as a player, but for someone who's so passionate and supposedly would inspire the players, he's not doing much.

Because a massive club like Arsenal thought he was suitable.

He will unite the club on and off the field.

He understands our identity and the importance of competing physically.

But also believes in playing progressive attacking football which he is learning under the best mentor in the world.

It's the long term exciting option.

There is no one in the world who isn't a gamble.

Let's the pick the hungry young manager who has a very high ceiling rather than managers who have experience in the league but have achieved absolutely nothing.

We will regret it when he goes elsewhere.

But you get the point that it will be his first go at managing and we are an absolute mess?

I can’t see why he’d be the right pick at all.

We’ve tried experienced managers, we’ve tried failed managers, we tried foreign managers. All with same outcome. Why not revert to our most ‘successful’ appointment in Moyes and recruit a young manager learning his craft with the drive and appeal to take the club forward. We could do worse then frank lampard

Another bold choice which I would be fully behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.