Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've told this story before,so if youre bored, move on. Many years ago,I was working in Watford,staying at a pub in town. Watford happened to have a friendly match against Wolves because Wolves had just bought a player from them, and the friendly was part of the deal. Elton John actually turned out for Watford, for the first 30 minutes...touched the ball half a dozen times,but Wolves were obviously not going to tackle him. After the game,I go to a pub for a beer, I'm standing at the bar, and this short guy in a nice suit comes next to me and orders a drink. Elton John. Before he was a world superstar. Had a brief chat with him about comic books...that was my business at the time, then he went to the piano in the corner of the pub, played a couple of tunes and left. That's all.
Better than this match will be tbh. Good story.

Spank these muppets tomorrow please Everton. Would love Richarlison to put one top bin then run over with Silva and 'shh' that meff Deeney.

Team talks sorted for Marco after Deeney's comments, time for players to deliver.

Marco Silva believes Troy Deeney has written Everton's team talk as he braces himself for an acrimonious return to Vicarage Road.

Watford striker Deeney told a supporters' club event earlier this week that fans should not boo Silva as it was best for the players to 'kick the s***' out of Everton — the inference being that they are facing a weak team.

The relationship between the clubs is complicated. Watford reported Everton to the Premier League for illegally tapping up Silva in the autumn of 2017 — a case that remains unresolved — yet they conducted cordial business over the £44million transfer of Richarlison last July.

Silva, who was sacked by Watford 12 months ago, knows he will be in for a rough ride and that his squad have been discussing Deeney's comments.

'The players are aware of it,' said Silva, who was also criticised by Watford chief executive Scott Duxbury. 'Let's see what we lose or not from the situation. You can use many, many, many things.

'Each club can have their own strategy, Watford chose this strategy during the week. We have our strategy and let's see on the pitch what will be the best strategy. We are here to respect all the clubs, all our opponents.

'But, first of all, we have to respect ourselves. When they saw something like that, it is not good to listen to. I know they talked.'

Everton have lost their last two Premier League games at Vicarage Road and Silva added: 'The game is not Watford v Marco Silva, it is Watford v Everton. We have to be strong as a team to take a good result for us.

'I don't see this game as more difficult as Marco and his technical staff will return to play against Watford.'

A hero will be born tomorrow.

I struggle to see where we will pick up points, all teams will bombard us with high balls and rough us up. You don't have to be a good side to beat us, Millwall proved that.
We need someone to turn into Peter Reid and set an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.