Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 106 7.8%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,258 92.2%

• Total voters
Whoever advised him on these appointments needs to fired out of a cannon. They have really put a bad taste in fans mouths, the jim white midnight calls need to binned off as well; the club has official channels of communication and he needs to be reminded of this, owner or not.
I think that's one of the main issues though- from the soundbites we got from Bill etc, early on in his tenure Moshiri announced "I want Koeman". Bill of course replied "Me too".
I think Moshiri was and is a football fan who is now an owner. What he believed to be truths are far from reality. That's not a defence of him by the way, I just think he's had a very rude awakening.

Whoever advised him on these appointments needs to fired out of a cannon. They have really put a bad taste in fans mouths, the jim white midnight calls need to binned off as well; the club has official channels of communication and he needs to be reminded of this, owner or not.
I'd expect a DoF to say what he wanted to say yesterday too...if there was a need for a statement in the first place.

More backseat driving.

Judge him on his actions. In a couple of months he'll have been here in charge for 3 years.

Off pitch we're no nearer than ever to a stadium deal.
On pitch we're no further forward than when he arrived...in fact, we were actually competitive and challenging for a trophy when he arrived and had a better team.

In terms of the overall status of the club to outsiders, we've diminished. From a club that was admired for doing things the right way under challenging circumstances, we're now seen as a club with no identity and are a bit of a joke in the national consciousness - as per that Squires cartoon yesterday.

At this stage I have no hesitation in declaring his time here an utter failure, stopping just short of a catastrophe. Does he have time and a certain amount of goodwill left to change that around? Yes. But his next few moves off and on the pitch will have to be stellar.
If you type the word 'woe' into Google you will see a further example of this.

Should just have kept Martinez and given him more money to improve on the defence, tbh. If he had had the riches the other useless gets have had I am sure he'd have had us doing a lot better.

C'mon blues...

He hasn't been the messiah, but he's not a very naughty boy either.

Sometimes, just sometimes there is a middle ground.

In my view, he's made some poor judgement calls and been a tad guilty at going after the short-term successes (Koeman/Walsh) in his pursuit to get Everton competitive but to his credit, he's always been very quick to address it.

If the fan base starts cry-arsing, it won't help his enthusiasm to get it right.

I think the middle gorund is important both on Silva and Moshiri, no doubt mistakes have been made.

Realistically in my opinion as a business we cant expect or sustain to be any better then 7th in the table, until we move to a new ground. Its just the parameters of the clubs ability to generate revenue is limited and will limit the clubs ability to invest and sustaing a playing squad to compete with the top six. The revenue created by those teams is just getting larger. Unless we do something very special, that doesn't seem likely.

So i think we have to come around to the idea, that we can at best be seventh until Bramley Moore.

Last edited:

C'mon blues...

He hasn't been the messiah, but he's not a very naughty boy either.

Sometimes, just sometimes there is a middle ground.

In my view, he's made some poor judgement calls and been a tad guilty at going after the short-term successes (Koeman/Walsh) in his pursuit to get Everton competitive but to his credit, he's always been very quick to address it.

If the fan base starts cry-arsing, it won't help his enthusiasm to get it right.

Agree to an extent. His intent has been fine but his execution has been pretty woeful. I still can't forgive him appointing Allardyce. And he needs to get the next one right.

I think the middle gorund is important both on Silva and Moshiri, no doubt mistakes have been made.
Realistically in my opinion as a business we cant expect or sustain to be any better then 7th in the table, until we move to a new ground. Its just the parameters of the clubs ability to generate revenue is limited and will limit the clubs ability to invest and sustaing a playing squad to compete with the top six. The revenue created by those teams is just getting larger. Unless we do something very special, that doesn't seem likely.
So i think we have to come around to the idea, that we can at best be seventh until Bramley Moore.

So, in short: we'll be competing for 7th, for the lifetime of everyone in this forum...

So, in short: we'll be competing for 7th, for the lifetime of everyone in this forum...

I suppose thats subjective to your lifespan or belief on when we move to BMD.

A tad dramatic, we wont compete until we have an external organic revenue source and even then we are a bit behind, BMD will be a massive shot in the arm. Champions League would be the same thing, but i would say BMD is going to come along first.

Based on what the club generates, it would take something very special footballing wise to break the glass ceiling if revenue or spending power is linked to position, which it does seem to be, Leicester were the great breaker of that of course - something very special like that like i said.

Last edited:
I suppose thats subjective to your lifespan or belief on when we move to BMD.

A tad dramatic, we wont compete until we have an external organic revenue source and even then we are a bit behind, BMD will be a massive shot in the arm. Champions League would be the same thing, but i would say BMD is going to come along first.

Based on what the club generates, it would take something very special footballing wise to break the glass ceiling if revenue or spending power is linked to position, which it does seem to be, Leicester were the great breaker of that of course - something very special like that like i said.
you are right, of course. My comment was just a throwaway nod toward a fatalism born of following Everton for 40 years...

you are right, of course. My comment was just a throwaway nod toward a fatalism born of following Everton for 40 years...

At least we had the 80's.

Personally im always hopeful, i think we need to get our heads around success being a process not an event. If we got CL or better before BMD, we would be doing magnificently and breaking the perceived financial logic in many ways.

7th has to be a realistic aim and the Europa in the interim.

Like it or not we are in the mid table league every year for that.

7th Wolves
8th Watford
9th Everton
10th Bourmouth
11th Leicster
12th WestHam

That is essentially our league. Ironically of tragically we are mid table of mid table.

Judge him on his actions. In a couple of months he'll have been here in charge for 3 years.

Off pitch we're no nearer than ever to a stadium deal.
On pitch we're no further forward than when he arrived...in fact, we were actually competitive and challenging for a trophy when he arrived and had a better team.

In terms of the overall status of the club to outsiders, we've diminished. From a club that was admired for doing things the right way under challenging circumstances, we're now seen as a club with no identity and are a bit of a joke in the national consciousness - as per that Squires cartoon yesterday.

At this stage I have no hesitation in declaring his time here an utter failure, stopping just short of a catastrophe. Does he have time and a certain amount of goodwill left to change that around? Yes. But his next few moves off and on the pitch will have to be stellar.
When you put it like that dave, I'll nip off to the shed right now and dig out me pitchfork and torch.