• I’m a fence sitting kenwright lover

Votes: 62 5.5%
  • Didn’t want him in the first place

Votes: 187 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I misread that and by 'the carnage that followed' I thought you meant Moyes career after he betrayed us and left his cushy number at Everton.
I'd love to have him back. Plenty of decent young lads for him to work with - I think Digne, Coleman, Keane and Davies could all excel with him, plus of course DCL and Lookman - Moyes always gave Vaughan plenty of chances.

Bring back Moyes!

Put a few noses out of joint in the meeja by getting in with the top 6 too often. Flavours of the month like Villa and Spurs kept finishing behind plucky little Everton. Therefore they portrayed him as a football dinosaur and managed to brainwash large swathes of the fan base into believing that finishing regularly in European places on a minimal spend was par for the course and that routine home wins were boring because they weren’t by 4 or 5. ‘Dithering Dave’ they called him.

One look at the carnage that has followed shows how utterly stupid that entire school of thought was. How people laughed at the man who thought carefully about transfers, cast out players who wouldn’t follow instructions, and drilled set pieces properly. The drill sergeant, the PE teacher, ha ha ha, look how hipster we all are having a laugh at Moyes.

None of them are laughing now after the procession of clowns that have followed. If any of them even came close to equalling what Moyes did the fan base would be in raptures now.
Revisionism, pure and simple. The worse we get the better Moyes now looks through the blue tinted hindsight specs.
To be sure Both Moyes and Kenwright had their 'good' points. Those 'good' points got us the where we where...bearing in mind it was a different landscape then. But their 'bad' points stopped us from making the next step.

The clowns that followed don't improve Moyes just by being worse than him.

Just like Mourinho, he was an analogue manager who couldn't make the step to the digital age. If, as Harold Wilson said ' a week (7 days) is a long time in politics, then 7 seasons is a lifetime in football.

Moyes (and Mourinho) are employed exactly where right now...oh yeah, Nowhere.

I don’t think we should sack him now. Or even at the end of the season. But if he signs a new deal at some point we must include clauses that if we don’t reach Europe he gets next to nothing and we can bin him off.

As we should do with other managers that follow.

Though common sense should be exercised. If we miss out on goal difference/ good cup run etc

The truth is and most on here acknowledged it before Brands & Silva started is that Everton needed overhauling from a player perspective. Players that previous managers could count on as base to their squad are now past their best (Baines, Jagielka, Colman) and we have not bought well until Brands arrived. How many of our current squad do you think Silva would have there if he could start with a blank sheet of paper and a budget? It takes time not one window, and if players are looking worse than people think they are maybe it’s because they can’t play how Silva wants them to. We should not ask our manager to set up to play the way the lowest denominator in our team can cope with. He is embedding his style and will build a team to play that way. Even Guardiola took more than a season to get where he wanted at City with all the talent he had at his disposal.

Poll closes tonight. 3 conceded away at Millwall last week. 3 conceded at home to Wolves today. No improvement in sight. Team getting worse. He’s looking older.

Get this virus out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.